“Great quiet place to stay in busy Phnom Penh”
Review of The Kabiki

The Kabiki
Ranked #17 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel was booked for us by Bamboo Travel Company for the first two nights of our stay in Cambodia. The city is noisy and busy but this hotel is down a side street in a central part of the city and is evidently next door to the home of a government minister, as the road is guarded by the military. Although this sounds daunting, it is not a problem, as hotel clients are readily allowed through the barrier and one feels the hotel and grounds are therefore very safe. The reception and catering staff are helpful and speak good English. The room was large, airy and very comfortable and the bathroom well equipped. We tended to eat in the outside restaurant area near to the swimming pool, and although the menu was not extensive, it was good Cambodian food, served by friendly staff. I would recommend this as a comfortable, safe, centrally situated, friendly hotel .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2010italy
There are newer reviews for The Kabiki

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Kabiki is perhaps one of the nicest boutique hotels I have ever been to. I love the grounds...lush, simple, easy, fuss-free, and quite honestly a great way to take a break from the city without ever leaving the city. I actually live in Phnom Penh and wanted a nice getaway. I chose Kabiki for a few reasons, and I am really glad I did.

If you are coming to Phnom Penh...book a room at Kabiki. Especially if you have children. If you are in Phnom Penh and want wind down from a busy business life...stay a night or two. I plan to go more often actually. The location is good...no, I take that back...location is very good.

The staff is amazing...really amazing. These guys are doing something right. I have zero...not a single issue with the staff there. Good job you guys. Thank you for making my stay there really nice. I hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed at the Kabiki for three nights with our daughter age 11. Had read the family friendly strapline - so thought there would be kids - but did not expect that many kids - but then again it was school holidays! Lovely hotel in a beautiful landscaped garden with lots of shade and good pool. Our room on the ground floor was lovely. We had our own front 'garden' with seating and a little gate! The room had a four poster bed - and a bunk bed. I too felt slightly miffed that I had to pay extra for the bunk bed - even though it was in the room? Service at breakfast and lunch bit slow - but I think a lot of staff were being trained. I found the staff slightly offish - and not engaging. Also, they were not forthcoming with help - I had emailed to ask re tuk tuks from the bus station as it was a public holiday - and really did not get a very helpful response. Also, when asked re museum and Royal Palace being open - again they did not know - but made no effort to find out for me. I Googled it myself. Think the hotel is beautiful and in a really good location. It has a cool vibe. Think the staff could be better.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is an oasis in the middle of a busy city. Beautiful garden, great pool, very friendly, welcoming, helpful staff. They all go out of their way to ensure you are having an enjoyable stay. We stayed here twice during our holiday in Cambodia. Both of the rooms were Comfortable and clean. Breakfast was adequate but a tad small for husband.
The location is great.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice & big room & they are considerate enough to give us a room playpen for our baby. Compared to Pavillion, it is more family friendly.

Spacious compound & nice & big for baby to roam around. Friendly & helpful staffs. However, it can get abit quiet, esp at night.

Overall nice experience & would recommend it!

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in April. Very good situated hotel at walking distance from the Royal Palace. In a small street where cars are not allowed, so the garden is a real oasis in the middle of the city.

Service is great. Mostly very young people with a good sence of humour and a very enthusiastic style.

Breakfast was nice, next to the great pool. Rooms are extremely spacious, all with balcony.

Price was very cheap. Never had so much value for money on holiday. Would certainly advice this hotel, without any doubt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great relaxed place in the heart of PP. Nice colonial style hotel with good, clean rooms and patio/pool covered by trees, so nicely 'cool'. Very friendly staff, good breakfast served at the table and WiFi that works very well. You don't feel the rush of city centre despite being 5 mins from the riverside.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends