“good food and cold service”

Pop Cafe da Giorgio
Ranked #74 of 1,467 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have eaten a Pop Cafe several times in the past but last night was not quite as good as in the past. The food was excellent and the caprese was fresh and tasty, but the service was very cold and not responsive. I had to ask for vinegar to go with the oil on the caprese. The pasta was very good with a rich sauce, but the waitresses never smiled or made any attempt to make me feel welcome. I felt I spent too much for for food and the experience was not fun even though it tasted good. There are better places in Phnom Penh for Italian.

There are newer reviews for Pop Cafe da Giorgio

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food is always very good and consistent! Salads are well presented in large bowls and the dough of the pizza is exceptionaly good :)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't like all their menu, but i do recommend their Salmon cream tagliatelle, it is my favorite. The home made gnocchi are also very good.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is such a classic Italian Pasta Restaurant which has it all. It is so good that you are almost tempted to go every night. The service is special, Pasta and much more, the best, and prices are extremly reasonable. If you are traveling in numbers try and reserve first. Positioned along the main Phnom Penh promenade of the Ton le Slap River, which is always full of action. What a Place to experience as I have done at least 20 times now.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything I've tried here is perfect. Magarita pizza, lemon parmesan chicken, and a lot more that I can't pronounce or spell. This is the place to go if your trying to make a good impression on co workers or whoever decides to pop in for a visit. The wine selection is decent. I didn't have chance for any deserts. I suggest you go either of lunch or get there early for dinner as this is a huge favorite with all the "westerner" visitors like myself. The only negative issue I have is the price, as the prices are a bit on the high side for Phnom Penh.