I at first wanted to give them a higher rating. Until I remember something....
The good things of this guest house was:
1. good triple room.
2. clean bathroom with adequate water pressure
3. very friendly staff
4. providing a lot of service (laundry, acceptable meal, tuk-tuk service)
5. flexible, we originally book 2 triple room and 1 double room for 8 of us. In the end they allow us to switch to 2 double room and 1 triple bcz one of our friends did not follow the trip in the end.
The things to be improve:
1. Poor and narrow double room.
2. narrow alley to the room with sometimes no lighting at night.
3. the cafe was not spacious enough
4. DISHONESTY of one of the male staff (or probably he was the son of the owner??)
ok, the story was like that:
We booked the air-conditioning (a/c) triple room at 15usd and a/c double room at 12 usd months ago. When we reached the guesthouse, I told them I wanted to pay but I have forgotten the rate and lazy to check my mailbox. They told me that it was 20usd for an a/c tripe room and 15usd for an a/c double room. I trusted them and paid.
At night, I felt that we were somehow out of budget with the money allocated for accommodation, so i checked back the email and found out the truth ( which was they collected 9USD more per night!!!)
Thus, I told them to trace back the e-mail and the male staff told me:
Because you guys reached much earlier (which is 10:30am, in stead of 1:30pm) than expected. Our room have not yet ready, so they prepared us a better air-conded rooms, so it was more expensive.
However, they should actually offer us to wait until 1:30pm so that we did not need to spend more (total 18 USD because we stay for two nights!) Also, they did not inform us that they have upgraded our room at first until I asked them.
Actually I dont thk that there were two types of air-conded room. They were just challenging us to switch to a not-so-good airconded room if we want back the booking price on the second night. In fact, on their website, I didn't found there are two types of a/c triple room, neither do a/c double room.......
Another scenario, showing the dishonesty of the male staff:
We booked a tuk-tuk at XUSD. We wanted to go to Russian market and he said we need to pay extra 5 USD. I asked him how long we can be in Russian market, he said as long as we like, two to even three hours was not a problem. We can reach our guest house around 6 to 7 at evening.
The next day, the other staff told us that we must depart from Russian market at 4pm. I felt that I was cheated again. I argued with them. The very friendly female staff, claiming that she was the mother of the male staff, apologized to us, saying that she would pay for us if we was over-charged by the tuk-tuk. She said that it was a misunderstanding and hope we forgive her son. We did not want to create more issues and I was satisfied with the solution given by the lady. So we decided to rush through russian market and depart at 4pm.
I wanted to say that, the female staffs at the counter (gave them 4 stars =D) was very very friendly and helpful. We like them a lot. But not the dishonest guy (gave him 1 star) !! People, Okay Guest house worth a visit, but you have to check everything properly, with receipt stating ALL the details as your evidence!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Okay Guesthouse Phnom Penh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okay Guesthouse Hotel Phnom Penh