We had a small double room, with fan and attached hot water shower and toilet, but no external window, for $8 per night. There was no way of adequately airing the room which got quite damp and stuffy over the course of a day or two.
The service in the restaurant was fairly poor – it took the staff a very long time to prepare our food, not all items were remembered and the staff didn’t always understand what we wanted to order despite the fact that we were pointing to the items in the English menu.
Whilst we were there I witnessed another couple struggling, politely to get the manageress to take an interest in the fact that some cash had gone missing from their room. I was not impressed with her attitude (although note that I do not know how or whether this incident was resolved).
I would not recommend this guest house, and indeed when we returned to Phnom Penh after a week or so in Siem Reap, we opted to stay elsewhere (the Sunday Guest House – not such a good location, but in my opinion a much better budget choice!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close by to the riverfront area, Royal Guest House is the perfect place to experience Phnom Penh and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With the city's main attractions such as River Front, Night Market Market, Royal Palace, National Museum, Pub Streets within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.At Royal Guest House, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including shops, poolside bar, bicycle rental, family room, pets allowed.Experience high quality room facilities, including separate shower and tub, fan, satellite/cable TV, desk, television, to help you recharge after a long day. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Royal Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Royal Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Guesthouse And Cafe Bar
- Royal Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Cafe Bar