$49
$44
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $52/night.

$75
The Pavilion(Phnom Penh)
$68
$56
$205
$33
$31
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$39
$200
Orbitz.com
$54
$59
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfantastic englishstaff was very friendly and helpfulmini fridgewater pressurenight marketriverside
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely don't want to recommend to anyone unless you don't mind the feeling like sleeping on the side of street.(I mean better side of street with bathroom) First of all they don't want to take the credit card because we booked online so it was big hassle to pay with CC. Owner of the place was so miserable, couldn't find any smile on her at all. We booked a three bed room, when we walked in all of three bed were with different crummy stained bed sheets that smelled like something bad and towels were even worse. Mudy stained spotted towels that all three of us can't believed had been washed. Not to mention strange bathroom where the shower water would run under the door into the room. The room had sort of working air conditioner and loud fan that made sleeping with it on impossible. Do not trust what you see in the photos as they must be outdated. We have done a good amout of traveling all over the Asia and stayed many different guest houses but this is the first time we walked out of place after first night and give up 3 more days of paid payment. NO MATTER WHAT WE SAID THEY DON'T CARE OF YOUR HYGIENE~~~ ONLY MONEY IS IMPORTANT FOR THEM. I gave them one star but I don't think they are not even worth one star.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Jin B
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was average and what we had paid for. We stayed in one of the rooms up stairs which had a fan and aircon. The aircon wasn't great so I was glad we had the fan too.

We were able to book activities with them such as the killing fields and they also do laundry. Every time you book something they straight away ask for the money, you pay everything as you do it. Including paying for your room when you check in.

The bed was very uncomfortable here- and that is the first since I've been travelling.

Overall, I got what I paid for but probably would try somewhere else if I went again.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Really friendly owners that run the hotel and helped to make our stay. Hotel itself is rather tired but as it's April and quieter we managed to barter from the starting walk in price of $15 US. There was nothing else in the area around this price (all $25 and up).

We stayed in a room with no window (there was a bit of a mix-up, we decided to keep it) but the air-conditioning worked well and it wasn't noisy. Bathroom was OK for Asia; the air conditioning dripped into the sink in the bathroom which was a bit annoying. We found a cockroach and ants one morning that appeared overnight but it was a one-off.

It's more of a hotel than a guesthouse (like most "guesthouses" in Asia).

Great location near 172 Street backpacker area with lots of bars and restaurants and a good vibe, close to all the main sights.

We stayed for 3 nights. I'd recommend for the price we paid and backpackers used to the Asia standard rather than for tourists on a short holiday.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Clean, quiete and nice guesthouse. BUT: on the first floor, there are rooms without window and they might be a little bit stuffy. On the second floor the rooms seem to be bigger and brighter and when I was there (March 2016), they just finished to renovate some of them (new wall paint etc.).
Price for two people / one room was about 10 $.
Included was a fan, a/c and a room with tv.
Location is good as it'S not far to the river, shops and the really good night market.

Summary: good price, good location, but ask for a room on the 2nd floor

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in April 2016. The hotel is good value for a budget traveller, we turned up and negotiated a good rate in person rather than paying online rates.

The hotel may have Royal in its name but I doubt any royalty has ever stayed here, if you catch my drift... It is however clean and functional, in a good location, and relatively quiet compared to similarly priced hotels in the area.

The staff are friendly but beware only 1 member speaks English.

We organised our Vietnam visa through them, and they offer many other travel tours.

All in all a good budget hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple