We stayed here July 2012 and I will never return. The room was dark, musty and had no ventilation, however was very cheap. When we woke up in the morning their were bugs crawling over the bed and their was so much blood smears all over the sheets it looked like a crime scene. Even though we slept in sleeping sacks, our faces and necks were covered in big nasty bites for days. We captured some of the bugs in a little jar and showed the lady in charge who didn't seem very concerned. This was my first experience with bed bugs and they were huge! We asked for a refund as we were going to find another hotel, however she insisted on showing us a better room on the top floor, which was amazing. She did not refund us our money, but gave us one free night and we payed the same price for the top floor room. Lucky for us their was an American who spoke fluent Khmer who translated for us and got staff to wash all our clothes and silk liners separate from everyone else's and insisted on hot water wash. The young staff were friendly and helped us move our luggage.
I wonder if anything was even done to that room, the place was crawling with these bed bugs! I really hope people reconsider staying here, and if they do stay in a well lit, ventilated room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close by to the riverfront area, Royal Guest House is the perfect place to experience Phnom Penh and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With the city's main attractions such as River Front, Night Market Market, Royal Palace, National Museum, Pub Streets within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.At Royal Guest House, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including shops, poolside bar, bicycle rental, family room, pets allowed.Experience high quality room facilities, including separate shower and tub, fan, satellite/cable TV, desk, television, to help you recharge after a long day. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Royal Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Guesthouse And Cafe Bar
- Royal Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Cafe Bar