All reviews rooftop pool the river street market great location wet market local food market royal palace egg station rooms are modern restaurants and bars nice hotel tourist area would stay here again breakfast buffet mini bar night market side street
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

I am not sure if I enjoyed my stay, after reading other people’s reviews, I was wondering if the same was to happen to me. My $50 deposit was returned, however when I returned to England, I noticed that my bill for $122 was in 2 amounts one for $112, and the other $10, which caused some confusion at my end until I got my statement. I emailed the hotel in the meantime to ask what it was all about, but they wrote that they knew nothing!!

The rooms were quite pleasant, though the bed was quite firm. There was no view of interest at all from the rear of the hotel. The air con just about worked, and there was the unusual ‘List of Items’ with costs in the room, which I assume were there for either breakage of theft. I have noticed this same practice now in Thailand, and it always bothers me. The pool area looked really good, though I never used it. The views from the roof terrace of the city at night were fantastic. The location was really good, however the entrance to the hotel is right next to one of the smelliest food markets you will ever encounter. The stench of rotten meat and fish guts in the heat of the day is really overpowering if you walk through it, and I have a strong stomach. The smell in the evening is gone, the area seemed quite safe, and I experienced no problems. Taxi to the airport was $15.

I paid £33 per night, and I am not sure if I would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Overall good hotel with a good location for access to the river walk, street cafes and restaurants and night life. Hotel itself is very clean, well appointed inside for the cost and has a very nice roof-top bar/pool to get away from the hustle and grime of the city for a bit. Restaurant and bar staff were great, front desk staff were OK.

Room tip: Higher the better to get away from market noise during the day/early evening.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Meant to be 4 stars. It is situated beside a food market stalls. Busy during the day with market activities and busy during the night with karaoke. The block is teeming with bars with girls trying to reel you in for a drink or two (maybe).

The rooms have balconies which have good views of the river and the Friendship Temple. The rooms are of decent size.

First negative, bitey ants by the headboard, some on the pillows, I was bitten twice on my first night and maybe squished a dozen. This morning, the muesli bowl had ants, nothing in the cornflake bowl (phew)!

Second negative, breakfast buffet, not exciting unlike our other hotels in Vietnam0, sorry but they don’t look fresh.

Third negative, only 1 lift and very small! This morning it alarmed after 4 people and a luggage went in the lift...lots of waiting for the lift.

Fourth negative, too noisy at night from the market and karaoke and seedy.

Now the positives,

First positive, friendly and helpful staffs in the reception but not so much in this morning’s breakfast buffet they just stay by the egg corner.

Second positive, the views from the balcony.

Third positive, restaurants everywhere. They charge by USD or Riel and not many accept
credit cards. Money changers nearby, we used the Western Union just by the main road

Fourth positive, their Skydeck on the 12th floor with infinity pool and views of the river.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and found it to be a good central location for bars, restaurants and sight seeing. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The included breakfast was buffet style and the same most days so we did eat breakfast out some days. The room was an average size hotel room, the bed was really hard and the big window into the bathroom was a bit odd but there was a blind for it. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would probably stay again if we went back. The smelly market just down from the door was off putting at first but we didn't notice the smell or noise once inside the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

The Harmony Hotel, located a few minutes walk from the Mekong River and next to a small little market, is a perfect to explore Phnom Penh.

At the end of the street (20 metre walk) is an array of pubs, cafes, French bakeries, street vendors and plenty of tuk tuk’s to drive you around.

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean. The staff are very courteous and willing to help, should you need it. The rooms are spacious and included a king size bed , a single bed, desk, large wardrobe, bar fridge, safe and a huge bathroom. There was plenty of towels and the room was made up each day with fresh linen.

Enjoyed this hotel very much.

A special mention to Li Peng who greeted every hotel patron with a warm smile.

Trip type: Traveled with family