Open today: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience and educational

Turned out that it was only my husband and myself for cooking class. First you get offered a cup of... read more

Reviewed February 24, 2019
GlenyssAustralia
Gold Coast, Australia
via mobile
Morning cookery class .

Great experience started with a free drink and then we chose our 3 course menu . There were three... read more

Reviewed December 5, 2018

from $59.00
from $15.00
from $26.00
More Info
All reviews recipe book fish amok cooking class local market banana flower salad cambodian dishes market tour cooking instructions fantastic cooking fantastic morning chicken curry sticky rice backstreet academy wonderful guide whilst in phnom penh se asia tuk tuk
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Was lovely to be back today for tea. staff welcoming environment very clean. service quick. would highly recommend. the food is presented artistically a work of art.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Eileen007_12
Reviewed March 10, 2018

I had scheduled a cooking class for my husband and myself several weeks prior to our holiday in Cambodia. The class was for our last day and Nara and I had been communicating about how long it would take us to return from Sihanoukville that morning and whether we would be able to do the class and then also see the Aspara dance show that evening. My point is that there had been a number of emails back and forth to clarify the timing of these things. So my husband and I left the beach early in order to be back to PP for our scheduled class. We got to our hotel and I immediately sent a message saying that we'd arrived and giving our room number, as had been requested. Our class was for 2:30, it was 12:00 then, I said that we'd just be hanging out at the hotel until the driver arrived to collect us. At 3:30, I finally got a response to my mail that literally said, "Can you just come on your own?" No directions, address or map given. I responded that by now, if we even could find the place, we would not have time for a class and then get to the Aspara show that we already had tickets for, so no, we couldn't just come on our own. The response back was "Okay! Thanks for letting me know!" No apology, no regret or commiseration for the effort we had gone to to get back in plenty of time. There are plenty of other cooking schools in Phnom Penh. Just try one of them instead. Most are probably more responsible.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough how good this morning was. The food was great...learnt so much AND had so much fun. The price was very reasonable. Thanks Nara for a wonderful time

1  Thank Stormy57
Reviewed February 8, 2018

Nara spoke good Engish. The 4 other people in the class were delightful. The visit to the market was raw and awakening to all five senses. The cooking was fun and the food was good. What would have made the time a 5 star experience would have been a printed recipe book, or at least, notes and instructional printouts to enable me to practice the cooking at home. Unfortunately, these were not forthcoming despite promises to the contrary. The cooking was a good experience; but the school part of it was missing.

2  Thank itWAShow
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Truly wonderful experience. You visit the local market, select your ingredients and then cook some amazing dishes. This is a must do whilst in Phnom Penh. Chef Nara is a fantastic teacher. Fresh ingredients made these dishes superb.

2  Thank Darren R