See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Doing travels throughout SEA, spraying in budget hotels ranging $30-$40 per night. Cara is a good choice, located little out of the way it makes up with good size rooms, which are well kept, clean and nicely decorated.good choice of tv channels, wi-fi and security. All in all good choice for comfy and enjoyable stay and budget price.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Hotel Cara is clean, safe and doesn't take itself too seriously. The price is nice and based on surrounding accommodations or the high priced hotels, this is a deal. It's a short tuk-tuk ride to anywhere like the Riverwalk, Royal Palace, S21 and the Central or Russian markets. The staff was pleasant and I'd recommend Doors Lounge for other meals than just the free breakfast. It's hard to get lost when it's just a short walk to Wat Phnom down French (47) street!

Room tip: We were on the side street and had a veranda. It was nice to step out on and apply sunscreen and bug repellant.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Scottr1770
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

I am checking out of this place today after spending a week here. For the price I think this place is a really good option. Great size rooms, clean and efficient. DVD player and tv plus good air conditioning.
There is a tapas restaurant attached called Doors which is very good.
Location is a bit away from where it's all happening, but a short Tuk tuk ride gets you there.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kiran V
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Firstly, someone went into my room when there was a DO NOT DISTURB Sign hanging on my door. The bathroom smelt like urine. The plumbing was also a disaster. Spend a few more $ for a better place. They also didn't specify that the items in the fridge were not complementary. Very displeased!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Joshua R
Reviewed October 23, 2016

Worst WiFi I've ever had in a hotel. You could get some sites, like FB, Google, but not others. I use Yahoo mail and it was impossible to connect to Yahoo. They actually have an IT guy on staff who spent an hour with me trying to help me use the WiFi, but it never improved and he never acknowledged that it was unusual. The room was basic, clean and comfortable. The first room I checked into had a broken air swing on the aircon unit, so when maintenance couldn't resolve they moved me to another room. The new unit worked well. There were a few plumbing anomalies, but not significant in Asia and no big deal for the price point of the hotel. I got a $35 rate that included a la carte breakfast and it was tasty. The bar is nice. It was quiet when I was there, but maybe noisy on a busy night.

Date of stay: October 2016