“Recommendable in Phnom Penh”
Review of Paragon Hotel

Paragon Hotel
Ranked #213 of 278 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The room were clean and fine. The service was OK. They helped me on several aspects. They gave me indications and they were highly flexible on many things. I spent a good time with them. I would go again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at The Paragon several times in the last six years. It is situated in the best place on PP's waterfont, the waterfront in front of the hotel has been completely remodelled, it is now a showplace. I always ask for a riverfront room, . I like the two person bathtub! and especially like the ones with private balcony. Staff are friendly, the place is safe and clean, you can't beat it!
-Professor Paul Nugent

Room Tip: Ask for riverfront, costs more bu the view is vry interesting, still a steal for mid 30's
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Two young females travelling alone we were looking for safe, affordable, comfortable accommodation. The paragon hotel offered this and more. The staff were very friendly and always happy to answer your questions as best as possible. We stayed in room 104 which had 2 double beds, tv, aircon, fridge, bathroom with bath/shower and balcony overlooking the busy street of Sisowath Quay. The rooms were cleaned everyday. We Organised a tuk tuk rider through the manager and found his friendly character wonderful which made our tour around Phnom Penh easy. We also booked a bus to Siem Reap through the hotel. Would defiantly stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I went to Sisowath quay and looked for a room from one hotel to another on the riverfront area when Phnom Penh hotels were fully booked for a regional summit and I found that this was the right choice. I looked for a room with the perfect river view, no trees, no buildings or no billboards blocking the view from the private balcony of the room and I had just that in this hotel. Value for money, staff is polite and helpful. the room is ok but the bathroom is clean, the one we had looks newly renovated, and I would suggest the hotel management to change the color of the curtain and the lighting in the room to give it a more polished look. It shows serious efforts to provide improved service and facility. It is a simple, clean and affordable place to rest your head after a long walk around the city. We bought ice cream in a nearby gelateria and thought of going upstairs to relax but then we remembered that we had our own balcony to relax so we just returned to the hotel and enjoyed our ice cream while people-and-river-watching from the privacy of our balcony.

Room Tip: Get room 304 for a private balcony and good view to the quay
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Paragon Hotel the past four times I've been in Phnom Penh. It's a great location right on the river just a short walk from the palace. There are many restaurants and shops in the area and the river walk is a great place for an early morning run. It's a simple, clean, well-run hotel and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Right next door, on the corner, is a nice little restaurant where I love to sit and have breakfast and watch the city wake up. Rooms have air conditioning and there is a lift. The rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: They have many inexpensive 'inside' rooms without windows but I find them too dark for my ta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rhiar23
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i put meny of my friends in this hotel and never had any complants .it is one of the best situations you can find ,central to everything over looking the park on the river side .clean rooms of a very good standard with air con and a lift and very helpful staff .the room rates range from $17 to around $27 depending on room, has to be one of the best deals in phnom pen for where it is and what you get .

Room Tip: $17 rooms no windows good deal you can still walk out on balcony overlooking the river and if your...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We picked this hotel randomly - I used to go to a coffee shop when i was young - it was at the blue mountains in Katoomba, so it may have been a bit of de ja vu?? anyways we had a front river front room, negotiable and clean as a whistle. we paid $US28 per night, and stayed 5 nights - had to leave to catch up on sleep...but seriously theres no brekkie included but next door is awesome, french toast, scrambled eggs or just a 'refuel' juice is great. we just used to sit outside our room on the balcony and people watch, take photos and decide where we'd eat next. there's a great ice cream place down the road 'the blue pumpkin' which we frequented 24/7 and really good cookies. honestly the food in phnom penh is the best. and the russian markets are sooo cheap we went back several times - got my best scarves and sarongs there - and bartering is taxing but its all part of the experience. we found the hotel staff very helpful, couldn't do enough for you and we used to buy the overnight staff a cornetto each to give them a treat. loved, loved being there really didn't want to go - but sleep was catching up. i cud go on, but i'm getting that feeling of wish i didn't leave. also the kids are just so much fun, you get the best smiles if you just give them some time - and of course a bit of money - but hey that happens everywhere. enjoy your holidays there, highly recommended.

Room Tip: oh god if you have preferences find out yourself....i just go for a room and if not suitable they wi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends