Kim Samnang Guesthouse
$74
Agoda.com
$94
$55
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$45
Blue Lime(Phnom Penh)
$40
$36
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I booked this over the Internet for 13USD per night and it was excellent value for money. The room was clean and comfortable with a quiet efficient AC. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially the owner and he booked buses and things for us very efficiently.

It is not by the river but we found it great to see the other half of Phnom Penh away from the touristy river side and it was only 2USD for a tuk tuk to river. It is close to the markets which are good for browsing and bargins.

It was a bit tatty but very comfortable and friendly with good food.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianW31
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I booked a one day stay with the intent on staying 14 days in Cambodia. Had trouble finding the place at 12 at night in Phnom Penh, not a good idea to be lost so late at night. Decided to stay at the Green Guesthouse (wonderful place). We called Sunday GH and they had no idea about my confirmation. So someone called us back and said the guard would open the gate (gate at a hotel?) what kind of place is this? I also needed 2 more rooms than expected and didnt think a "guard" would be able to process 2 additional rooms. So we found Green Gueshouse and glad we did.

Got a call next day from Sunday Guest House and the lady says "So you didnt come last night do you want me to charge your card?". I said "ok" it was only 9 dollars and I was not going to lose sleep over so little money and have to deal with the angry owner. If she would have been somewhat nicer we may have still book 3 rooms for 14 days with Sunday but given that initial call we just decided to stay at the Green Guest house. Glad we did now that I look at other reviews.

Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank Crunch39
Reviewed August 1, 2009

This guesthouse is located a little further away from the river than some of the other ones we looked at. The room we were given was like a dungeon. The door was made of glass with a padlock on the outside. The ceiling was so low that my husband could hardly stand up straight. The walls were covered with smudges of dead bugs. We asked to switch rooms and even though the ceilings were higher and there was a normal door, the walls were still filthy which gave the room an overall dirty feeling.
Also, they are putting up a building right nextdoor so there is construction going on.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tmani25
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Our family stayed here on three seperate occasions on our way back and forth across Cambodia. It was clean, comfortable, the food was good and Gech (sp?) made various arrangements for us hassle free (bus tickets, tuk tuk and Vietnam visas).

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I was not expecting much from this guest house due to its extremely cheap prices, & I was right not too! The accomodation is not actually at the Sunday Guest house, you stay in a guest house across the street (though everything is arranged at the Sunday Guest House site). We were on the top floor which apparently is considered the best place to be as it away from street noise & dust, but when you are carrying a back pack up there that is up for debate! The room was a good size with an ensuite bathroom & although basic could have been a excellent budget choice. However, it stank & EVERYTHING was FILTHY. I am not talking slightly grubby here, I mean it obviously hadn't been cleaned between guests or for months. Most apalling of all was that when I went to use the toilet (& remember this was an ensuite) I lifted the lid to find the toilet covered in, & full of, diarrhoea! I flushed the toilet & went to complain & to ask for the toilet to be cleaned (the offending substance had been there so long it had dried onto the toilet) & my key was duly taken away supposedly for this to be done (without any apology about the state of the room). Upon returning a few hours later we were given back our key, went to the room & found that they had done nothing about it. We also had problems when we found the plug was down in the sink with no way to get it up again, it took a member of staff around half an hr to retrieve it by plunging the sink vigourously. Had it not been late when we arrived I certainly would have asked for my money back (we had pre-paid) & looked for alternative accomodation. I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Peace1967