Booked this hotel on the previous reviews and definetly wasn't disappointed. We booked a private pool room which had a large 4 poster bed. The quiet location was great and we picked up a tuk tuk outside the hotel and used him for our 3 days. He took us round the usual tourist sites and dropped us off and picked us up at the riverside area each night. The staff at the hotel were great and provided us with a very high standard of service. The breakfast is probably smaller than I've seen at other hotels but was adequate. I would recommend the private pool rooms for that quiet, out of the way feeling. It is a beautiful villa with lovely grounds. A great few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh