What a fantastic hotel! My husband and I stayed here for two nights and loved every minute. We had room 20 - a private spa room and it was just perfect. We could not have asked for a better room and it exceeded our expectations. The rate (US$90/night) was so reasonable for what we got, especially as we stayed over New Years Eve. From the minute we entered the grounds of the hotel, we didn't want to leave. The staff were extra freindly without being too obtrusive, the grounds were just stunning even with it being in the centre of the city, and the rooms were equipped with everything you could want. Breakfast was great too - I loved the passionfruit juice!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a little bit of peace and quiet in Phnom Penh, while still being walking distance to everything.
We would stay here again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh