The place is an oasis in a very convenient, quiet neighborhood in the city. For $3 you can get just about anywhere by tuk-tuk. Great restaurants just up the street on Street 240 (Frizz, in particular was delightful). Puzzlingly uninterested reception staff - I agree with the comments of others - but housekeeping and the people manning the bar/restaurant couldn't have been nicer. Excellent breakfast and pretty decent food otherwise. I spent 2 nights in a 2-room suite and 2 nights in the jacuzzi room. Both were just great, good-sized, clean, and comfortable, and at $85/$75, I thought the value was quite good. The property is basically a beautiful garden with the hotel buildings tucked in nicely. Outstanding pool. Excellent internet connectivity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh