2,986 results
All reviews private pool an oasis complimentary massage royal palace tuk tuk main pool busy city four poster bed front gate main building sunset cruise the hustle and bustle passion fruit juice the heart of the city loved this hotel siem reap stayed longer
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2016

When you step through the gate into the hotel ground it’s like stepping into another world. The hotel itself is beautiful and represents a bygone age, even the new addition which we stayed in was so perfectly matched to the original building that only an expert would be able to tell the difference. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and make your stay a real pleasure. Breakfast was plentiful and of a very high standard.
We also enjoyed a free massage which left us feeling relaxed and ready to tackle the bustling city.
There are two very nice swimming pool areas with plenty of sun loungers, the rear sun area was very popular and even though it was nearer to our room we were quite happy to relax around the main pool at the front of the hotel which was such a beautiful spot.
The only downside was only having two nights here as we would have loved to have spent more time here.
The location is ideal for all the main attractions and is walking distance to the Royal Palace, if you don’t like walking in heat there are always plenty of Tuk Tuks outside the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
pavilionpp, Owner at PAVILION, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

So nice of you! Many thanks! Hope to have you back soon in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap. Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed May 9, 2016

Beautiful little boutique hotel in a great location. Very attentive and smiling staff, impeccable service. Lovely gardens and pools.
Excellent price/quality.
We opted for the private pool room and loved it.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisPhilMelbourne
pavilionpp, Owner at PAVILION, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Chris, So Glad you liked our staff! And your private pool of course :)) Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed May 9, 2016

I stayed 4 nights here and absolutely loved Phnom Penh, such an underrated city. When I arrived, the first room they had allocated me on the ground floor was literally sweltering and when I turned on the A/C it didn't get any better, it just wasn't working. They did try and fix it by calling in maintenance, and reception were extremely helpful and, in the end, moved me to a bigger room which was a very kind gesture. The A/C there was slightly better, but not great. I'd been travelling through Cambodia by this time so knew the problem was pertinent to the hotel and not the country. This for me was a bit of a deal as it was about 40C outside and I really didn't need to be sweating in my room. This is something they should perhaps look into and make sure (especially during the very hot season) that the A/C in the rooms allocated to guests is functional and perhaps already on by the time guests check in. Apart from that, I really couldn't fault this hotel. It's beautiful and stylishly decorated. Breakfast is great and the staff bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as they can. It's well located and within easy reach by tuk tuk to everything. The hot water was luke-warm my last two days. This wasn't a problem for me with it being so hot, but could well be for others. I ate out all of the time so can't comment on the restaurant there. Veronika who covered breakfast was particularly wonderful, as were all the staff. Wifi was fast and trouble free. Housekeeping was great and all areas of the hotel were spotlessly clean. I would stay there again if they could guarantee proper A/C - something which I've seen noted in other reviews. That's the only reason I'm giving it 4 and not 5 stars. All in all though, I really enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
pavilionpp, Owner at PAVILION, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Louise, sorry the AC did not work in the first room you got. On Khmer New Year, we could not get the usual AC company to fix it. We have an AC maintenance plan consisting on cleaning and refilling the gas every three month. Sometimes they still do fail when it is as hot as this. Sorry you had to suffer from it. Hoping next time will be better! Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

We're here now on a 4 nights stay at the beautiful and tranquil Pavilion. Eventhough we had a slight hiccup on our first day, it doesn't take away the fact that we're truly enjoying ourselves here.

The Jaguar transfer that we booked didn't arrive as there was a last minute problem with the air condition, the hotel sent another car to fetch us and we only paid USD12 for it. I read about how guests checking in were given welcome drinks but we didn't get any. Like I said, minor hiccups and we're OK with that.

We booked the Suite and it was so spacious! The bathroom is spacious too with plenty of hot water. We have 4 bottles of drinking water, if you need more just call the front desk and they'll replenish the stock.

Plenty has been said about the beautiful property but to us the gem is the wonderful staffs here at The Pavilion. From the guards at the entrance to the front desk crew, everyone has a warm smile and we're always greeted when they see us. We loved the breakfast here!

The Spa is okay, they might want to look into improving this part of their service. We paid for the 60 mins aromatherapy massage but we felt it was so rushed. We didn't feel like hunting around for other places so we booked for another massage session (this time the dry Khmer type) on the day that were leaving.

All in all we're enjoying our stay and will be sad to go.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Trish R
pavilionpp, Owner at PAVILION, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Thanks a lot for your kind comments! Indeed the Jag is an old lady and we sometimes need to fix her. But I love her just as she is :) You should have got a welcome drink, cold towels, and cookies... Sorry we missed that! Thank you for the comment on the staff too. Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed May 6, 2016

Yes, the hotel grounds are stunning, the courtyard is beautiful and ornate, the rooms are large, the beds and pillows are like lying on a cloud in heaven, the free breakfast is divine, and the location is central and convenient. But what makes this hotel great is the service - done with a smile but not intrusive. Unbelievable value and luxury for the low price.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank FnkyChld
pavilionpp, Owner at PAVILION, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Thank You! The best words to us are for the staff! So glad you enjoyed our service. Cheers, Alexis