We stayed in the Pavillion just for 1 night, the last of our holiday, would have stayed longer if I could.
Its amazing, its set in a French Colonial building and the gate opens to a lovely garden and its pool.
Our room was amazing, really nicely done and pretty. Huge bed and a seating area, huge bathroom.
Because we arrived at around lunch time we decided to seat by the swimming pool and have a light lunch overlooking the swimming pool. Food was superb, we had quiche and ravioli and fruit juices and it was really delicious.
We spent the afternoon by the swimming pool, just lying in the beds provided reading a book, and we’re given complimentary drinks. When we got to our room they had left fruit for us which was a nice touch.
We went out for dinner in Phnom Penh and the lady in reception gave us an hotel business card in both English and Khmer so tuk tuk drivers would have no difficulty finding it.
The morning after we had breakfast by the swimming pool and it was excellent, the best of the holiday. Tea, coffee, juice and a basket with freshly baked breads and pastries. We had omelette and pancakes and these were very very good.
Lovely hotel, really nice staff, perfect breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh