“Relaxing hotel”

Ranked #10 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Dublin, Ireland
“Relaxing hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We picked th pavillion as we stayed at their. Sister hotel last year The 240 and we had used the pool at the pavillion ,, we were greeted by Michelle at check in and it was a pleasant experience ,she then showed us to our room for the next 3 nights Whitch was a garden room with glass walls so our room was nice and airy ,,she organised our bus to siam reap for 3 days later There were DVDs and lots of books n reception for borrowing Great if you just wanted to chill out and relax. Breakfast by the pool was lovely and the breakfast staff were helpful and very friendly and they gave us some great tips on places to visit and how to get there ,,,the pool was nice and we never had a problem getting a sun bed There was a little construction noise while we were there. But it wasn't a problem as it was only during the day. I would stay in the pavillion hotel again if I am luckily enough to be in that part of. The world again , maybe in a jacuzzie room next time I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the pavillion to anybody thinking of visiting phonm penh. But remember to book early as it gets booked up pretty early

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank rosierossie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I m writing this review as I am just about to check out from this hotel... This is my second stop in cambodia.. First being siem reap. Have to call it the hotels bad luck but the hotel that we stayed in siem reap (sojourn) has far exceeded our expectations. May be that's why I am expecting more from this hotel. The hotel is very small and cosy with excellent pool. I had myself booked a private pool which overall is a great at the prices that they had offered me the room for. However the biggest disappointment comes in the form of staff. Being a small hotel there needs to be more personalized service which really lacked. Have to give good points for location of the hotel. Overall just an average hotel for me!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sheetalakshekar
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Well. I usually do not contradict the the reviewers, but this time I will.

The staff is our strongest asset and I wish to take this occasion to deeply thank them. Over the last seven years, they managed to keep the hotel as a reference in Phnom Penh, despite the growing competition, the technical difficulties we encountered, our own internal growth and my bad moods!

.I would like to thank the front desk first, for facing so many people, from so many origins, with so different expectations... New people every day and you kept your smile, your dedication, your patience. I think the Cambodians have a special talent for that.

Then I would like to thank all of those who we do not see that much, who ensure at the back that the work is done. The trainers, the housekeepers, the guards, maintenance, bar staff, cooks. Well done guys, you contributed to make the Pavilion what it is now. Like for an element of a chain, if any one of you fail, the entire stay of our guests is ruined.

And Grace, the GM. I have been pushing so much on you, I am amazed you still greet me with a smile! Well done! You are now leaving to manage the Blue Lime, I hope you can perform as well over there.

Keep going!

Cheers,

Alexis (owner)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. My daughter and I stayed in the twin room. A huge room with 2 double beds. Bliss.
Location fantastic, food great. Try the green mango salad, it's wonderful. But most important ALL the staff are polite, kind and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank liz965
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Out of the hustle and bustle but close enough to reach it is the tranquility of The Pavilion. I was treated with first class service and spent hours sitting relaxing and reflecting. Then once at the gate to the road, tuks await to take one to the city streets in minutes. In the local area are places worth visiting but even the top end of the Phnom Penh centre is close by. Thanks to the team lead by Grace.

• Stayed June 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We traveled here in June 2013 as a family of 4. It's well situated, safe, clean and a wee tropical oasis. The hotel has a lovey relaxed but professional feel to it and is stunningly beautiful with palm trees, pools (for swimming and a fish pond) and colonial decor.

The concierge were incredibly helpful in organizing our private driver for a day trip in Phnom Penh and our bus to Siem Reap.

We ate dinner one night at the upstairs restaurant when they had a BBQ buffet. You chose your raw meat and they took it away and cooked it. Delicious beef, prawns, chicken and even frogs legs and squid. The buffet salads were excellent. Desserts cake and fruit. Great value for $15 USD per person.

We had an excellent 1hour massage with essential oils in the spa for around $20 USD each. Very professional and relaxing.

There are no 'cons' to this hotel. I loved it as it's not a 'big box' generic hotel but a smaller, intimate private hotel where guest are valued and the atmosphere is relaxed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Many thanks for this kind review! But I think there is a confusion as we do not have a restaurant upstairs serving BBQ. I think you were at our sister hotel the Plantation. Cheers, Alexis
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Love this place! Cosy room, wonderful garden, and the best: the breakfast! Good location, you'll find everything you need in the nearby 240 street. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Hope I get to come back for another stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We spent 3 nights here and found it to be excellent in all respects. Helpful staff great location lovely breakfast comfortable room fabulous pool. Staff organised a sim for us ready on arrival and booked bus tickets for us to travel on to Siem Reap. We also had lunch here one day and it was very good and reasonable price for a hotel. We had one of the cheaper rooms and it had everything one could need even a little private garden.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple