“The Wonderful Pavilion Hotel, Phnom Penh”
Review of The Pavilion

The Pavilion
Ranked #10 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I last stayed in this Wonderful Hotel, in Sept 2012, and wrote a full report then. Nothing has changed it is same as always for my April/May 2013 visit. Improvements are being completed here and there all the time, which all help to improve the comforts for the Guests. One thing I noticed is the increase in Bars and Bar/restaurants in this area, all near to the back of The Royal Palace, indicating a shift in Tourists moving more into this area as more Hotels become available. I have now stayed at the Pavilion 85 days over some years and will continue with the same accomodation.

Room Tip: Always arrive in Cambodia with lots of US one dollar notes as Tuk Tuk drivers with the ride in the 1...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very beautiful patio with swimming pool, excellent breakfast, perfect location, and although our room was not in the main, historic building, it was a very pleasant one. The big draw for this hotel is the relax atmosphere and small scale luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jurgen B
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just recently stayed here for 5 nights in the Pool room and enjoyed it!
Rooms a slightly rustic, dont expect the trappings like gown and slippers etc.
Cafes and Restaurants are only a short 5mins walk from Pavilion. When exiting Pavilion turn left and walk to the first intersection. Turn left and good places to eat are just right along here.
Want a tuks tuk? Note: just before exiting the main door of Pavilion onto the street, on the wall just to your left is a tuk tuk price list. These prices are just guides and haggle the price down.
Tuk tuk guys are right out the front so have fun with a smile.
Positives:
Great secluded room with private lazing pool.
Helpful & friendly staff.
Great breakfast.
French Heritage villa.
Negatives:
Pool maintenance wasn't properly kept. I was required to have pool staff clean it @ 6pm so I could have a swim. And I'm not talking leaves on the water. The PH levels were out due to a storm the previous night and the water had become mirky.
I commend the pool staff on there hard work for bringing back to a satisfactory level to swim in.
Even though it should have been done earlier in the day.
Ground floor pool rooms have guest rooms above. The desk chair in these room can make a horrendous noise below when dragged across the floor. I have mentioned this to management, hopefully they will rectify this.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 14. This is probably the furtherest away from the construction noise going on at th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chase8Global
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I choose to stay with this hotel because The Pavilion have a private pool room. I found this hotel through Tripadvisor and the reviews given by visitors are not bad. So, I decided to call them and make a booking with them. Unfortunately, they only have one day room available for me. As a result, I stay for one night. When I reached the hotel, I was welcomed with drink and a beautiful lady approached to us. At first, we thought this hotel was awesome. Then, she brought me to the room. We got a shocked for the room we provided. The hotel is noisy with construction and renovation sound even during night time. Besides that, the room is very small if to compare with other hotels room. The rooms look old and dirty. There were stains on the floor that uncleanable. There were hairs on the floor. Right away, I gave a call to receptionist to change my room. When they transferred me to the second room, it will be much better at first but at night time when we are about to fall asleep, we found a cockroach nearby the toilet door. The swimming pool was small and was not suitable for swim lovers. Moreover , the garden and the pool were dirty. For the breakfast, we are quite satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AdelineGAT
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry you were disappointed by the Pavilion. We have setup a room cleaning procedure that includes brings ownership of the room performance to the cleaner and the person that has done a room leaves her name card inside in order to make any adjustments possible. I am sorry your room was not as expected and we will review this with the cleaning team.

We are indeed extending the property and the removal of the old bathroom tiles were a bit noisy I must admit. I am very sorry about the discomfort created. The new rooms should be awesome though! Hope our guests will appreciate them.

Cheers;

Alexis

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Firstly, I have to commend on how helpful the staff were. Last minute change of plans, we decided to go a day earlier so when I contacted the hotel there was no room available but they made all arrangements for us to stay at a nearby hotel for the night.
The hotel room was clean and beautifully arranged with flowers. We were very pleased with our room. We enjoyed the pool and the 25 minute complimentary massage.
I have to say I was very impressed with Miss Kongkea Long at the reception desk. She was so switched on and arranged everything for us within minutes. Including our sightseeing around Phnom Penh, the trip to Siem Reap and back, the hotel bookings in Siem Reap...all this with a list of prices we could choose from and such a professional and helpful attitude.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela510
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed in the hotel as a family with two adult children. We found the hotel very pleasant and the staff friendly. The setting for breakfast by the pool was inviting and the breakfast enjoyable and plenty to eat. We chose a garden room and our kids had a twin room. Their's was much larger than ours, suprisingly. I was a bit disappointed in the garden room, as I expected to overlook a garden. It was in fact just a private outside courtyard with not a lot to view. Good if one is a smoker I imagine. There was also little hanging space for clothes as it was really just a pole hanging from a small shelf. The outside pool area is very inviting and calming. Overall, the hotel was very nice for a three or four night stay and the welcoming staff alone would attract me back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This charming home was King Norodom's mother bungalow and has been fitted with modern comforts while retaining the old world charm. Inexpensive, quiet and comfortable and located close to Street 240, full of NGO shops makes this an amazing find.
The pool is great, free 25 min massage was offered, too bad I didn't have time. But I enjoyed th swim, great poolside meals and drinks.
My room upstairs had 2 poster beds and an adequate bathroom and amenities like kettle, fridge and hairdryer, safe.
This is part of a wonderful group of hotels that you must find....

Room Tip: Some rooms have private patio but I prefer more light upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo