Having booked a tour, which accommodated us in 4 and 5 star accommodation, we were a little concerned the cheap price tag of this hotel, but we relied on Trip Advisor reviews and booked in anyway. Boy, were we glad we did!
This hotel was the highlight accommodation of our trip to Cambodia (which included Raffles at Siem Reap). The room was spacious, well-appointed, beautifully decorated, with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool, where we were served breakfast.
The pool area is unbelievable. It is set in beautiful lush gardens with comfortable sunbeds and daybeds for pure relaxation around the lovely pool. The bar area is open all day, serves all of your basic needs and makes for a great place for a evening drink.
Being an old converted colonial mansion, the hotel is full of charm and period features. Included in the very reasonable room price was a lovely breakfast and a complimentary 30 min massage session for both of us. The staff were simply awesome.
Our biggest regret was only staying for one night. We can't wait to return some day! Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh