When you arrive at this beautiful boutique hotel with fabulous buildings it's strange to think how quiet it is when you step inside and off the busy streets outside. It is a really peaceful hotel with a great restaurant. We didn't use the spa here so can't comment on that but it looked very busy and was very cheap. We had a pool room which was great. Loved the bed and the pool. The bathroom was small and the toilet would be difficult for a larger person to use. The staff were very friendly and the renovations going on completely non intrusive. It is in a great location, close to the palace and a short Tuk tuk ride to many other destinations.
The restaurant is small (renovations are to the kitchen) but breakfast was really nice and we ate dinner there one night. The food was lovely. I had the beef bourignon which was sensational. The rooms here were a very good value for money. Would definitely recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh