A beautiful little hotel very centrally located near the palace in Phnom Penh. Beautifully furnished rooms in an old villa, garden rooms or in a second building surrounding a beautiful pool in a lush courtyard garden, dotted with day beds. There is a small outside bar and restaurant where a lovely breakfast is served.
The staff are extremely helpful and the service is great.
We stayed in the hotel several times in our recent visit. Once we had a pool room and while it is a luxury to have your own pool, they don't get much sun and are very cold! The deluxe double was pleasant and the suite was very nice, light and airy with a lovely balcony.
My only criticism is that the shower rooms are a bit basic. I understand they are small due to the historic nature of the building but they could use a little updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh