“Beautiful 1 bedroom pool room. Hotel is a peaceful haven in the middle of the city.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pavilion

The Pavilion
Ranked #10 of 265 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Cannot fault the service here. Arrived hungover from KL day after my birthday and on my partners birthday day after. Michelle the hotel supervisor advised as it was 9am our room would not be ready until later however we could relax by the pool on the beds. We were more than happy with this. After 30mins Michelle advised that she had a smaller room available for us to rest in until our room was ready. Now that's service!

Our room: For 100US a night we had the 1 bedroom pool room. The pool was actually quite large, much larger than pool rooms in Australia I have stayed in. Bed was fine, lots of TV channels and the air con nice and cold. Computers are located in the lobby but if you've brought your laptop there is free WiFi.

I have noticed a few people complaining about the breakfast and I simply don't understand. You get eggs, plenty of fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, fresh bread and jam spreads. That's plenty enough for me and even my partner who loves a big breakfast.

Location is great if you want to stay away from the riverside begging and tourists. It's only a $1 tuk ride (3mins) anyway. It's round the corner from some great patisseries and more up-market clothing stores.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank QuinnOz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Having stayed at The Pavilion about 18 months ago, I decided I just had to stay there again next March. I cannot speak too highly of this Hotel. I took then, and am taking again, a room with its own pool - just wonderful. About 10 months ago I tried to stay at the Pavilion again, but it was completely booked out. So I stayed at its sister hotel - Blue Lime Two. Not quite as good as the original - particularly its location. I almost freaked out when the taxi from the airport turned down this very scungy looking alley. Oh, what have I done. But ----once in through the gate of the hotel it was perfect. But, I would rather, if possible, always stay at The Pavilion.
Looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Alpacafleece
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Many many thanks for this very kind review!

The Blue Lime is also in a very safe street, as every one knows each other. It is a very little street, it looks a bit odd, but it is like a village. Every one knows all the stories of the neighbors, who came back when, and with whom...

Cheers,

Alexis (owner)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed for 2 dreamy nights. The hotel promotes itself as being against sex tourism, which is a good thing in itself, but also means you shouldn't get any of the sleazy element staying there! I treated us to a Pool Room (double room with private courtyard and dipping pool). We've never really has the dough to splash out on the level of luxury, but the Pavilion is very reasonably priced. The room had a private computer and free internet access, the decor was modern romantic and very clean. The hotel is hidden behind big white walls, close (easy walk) to the Royal Palace. Inside guarded doorway to the hotel you step into a little oasis of calm. There is a large central pool which is clean and surrounded by lovely gardens and shade, with their garden cafe overlooking the scene - very peaceful as an escape from the buzz and heat of PP. Their isn't a huge selection at the cafe, but what there is is high quality modern French style. Just around the corner are a selection of boutiques and restaurants which are great if you don't want to head down to the riverside areas for dinner. Try coffee and cake at The Shop (real espresso coffee) and dinner at Fizz - yum.

We celebrated my hubby's birthday while we were there and came back from dinner to find 12 long stem red roses in a vase and happy birthday spelled out on the bed in rose petals and sweet smelling flowers. It was stunning and a wonderful surprise. We didn't ask for it or pay for it, it was just the kindness of the hotel. The staff are very thoughtful, friendly and helpful.

We highly recommend the Pavilion and would definitely stay there again. Particularly good for a romantic stay in Phnom Penh. (I don't think they allow children as they are only a small hotel)

Room Tip: The whole hotel is pretty quiet, so I would think all rooms are good for a solid night's sleep...
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Loved it here. Tranquil, lush environment, good food, good hospitality. Not much more I would ask for. I would recommend it to travelers.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

my girlfriend and i stop here for 4 day and loved it, truly lovely place to stay, we didnt want to leave . Very warm and freindly staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We spent one night here in this lovely hotel just 2 blocks from the Royal Palace. The room was great and we had a personal computer in the room! The staff is welcoming (loved the limeade they served on arrival) and responsive. The pool area is especially nice and peaceful. Also, the security is very good and there is a security gate to enter the hotel. They arranged taxis for us to the Killing Fields, etc. Highly recommend it.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I could not help the huge smile that burst across my face as I walked into my room at The Pavilion. My room was the one in the centre of the front building, overlooking the pool.
The smile actually started when I walked into Reception & was greeted with, "Hello, if I'm not mistaken, you must be Jacqui", followed by a cold towel & a welcome drink. Michelle immediately made me feel at home, then guided me to that fabulous room. Huge balcony, comfy four-poster bed, 2-seater, day bed, iPod dock, big flat screen, DVD player and a PC! An old model, but still - a PC!!
The breakfast service team were so lovely! And on my 2nd day I had it delivered to my room - no extra charge. I even had a complimentary 20-min massage on my first night. (Score!)
Location-wise: There are a bunch of trendy cafes & restaurants the next street over & a shopping centre with supermarket 2 streets over. It's a $2 tuk-tuk ride into the central part of the city, about $2.50/3 to Russian Market. You'll still hear some street noise, but it's pretty quiet compared to other places in Phnom Penh.
This place was the complete package: great room, great surroundings, great staff. As in every single staff member I encountered - Reservations, Reception, Cleaners, Bar/Restaurant staff, Guards at the front - were so warm, friendly & great to deal with. It was THE PERFECT way to spend my last two days in Cambodia. I LOVED it here :D

Room Tip: Room above the pool - catch dawn over rooftops
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo