Cannot fault the service here. Arrived hungover from KL day after my birthday and on my partners birthday day after. Michelle the hotel supervisor advised as it was 9am our room would not be ready until later however we could relax by the pool on the beds. We were more than happy with this. After 30mins Michelle advised that she had a smaller room available for us to rest in until our room was ready. Now that's service!
Our room: For 100US a night we had the 1 bedroom pool room. The pool was actually quite large, much larger than pool rooms in Australia I have stayed in. Bed was fine, lots of TV channels and the air con nice and cold. Computers are located in the lobby but if you've brought your laptop there is free WiFi.
I have noticed a few people complaining about the breakfast and I simply don't understand. You get eggs, plenty of fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, fresh bread and jam spreads. That's plenty enough for me and even my partner who loves a big breakfast.
Location is great if you want to stay away from the riverside begging and tourists. It's only a $1 tuk ride (3mins) anyway. It's round the corner from some great patisseries and more up-market clothing stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It all started when we fell in love with a hidden gem of French-Khmer architecture from the 1920s near Wat Botum, one of the most venerable and original pagodas in Phnom Penh. Renovation and remodeling were led with due respect for the character of a building which had been, as we learnt it later on, a private retreat for Queen Consort Sisowath Kossamak, the late King Sihanouk's mother. Opened on August, 18, 2006 with 10 rooms, The Pavilion has slowly expanded over the years, offering now 36 accommodations throughout three more period buildings that have been added to the property: "The New House", former residence of the chief veterinarian at the Royal Palace; "The New Villa", formerly the private residence of a Cambodian senator, and "The Sun-Pool Villa", our latest addition which used to be lodgings for diplomats based in Phnom Penh. Each one has its own style and atmosphere, with distinctive architectural features such as an elaborate wooden stairway, intricate iron wrought railings, etc… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Hotel Phnom Penh
- Pavilion Phnom Penh