“Great hostel in the heart of Phnom Penh ”

Lovely Jubbly Place
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hostel at the beginning of a 2 month trip in asia. We were so impressed with the service of all staff and quality of food and drinks. We were even taken on a personal guided tour of the countryside which was amazing. DEFINATELY the place to stay when visiting Phnom Penh.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cassie P

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at the lovely jubbly place for 4 weeks with a friends while I volunteered at an orphanage. The A/c, location (right near Riverside and other great places), wifi and clean rốóm. Beds were a bit stiff but great stay! Yort was awesome, biggest help while we were there. Would recommend to friends!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This is one if those places that has great things but is lacking in other areas. Let's start with the good points.
The staff were very welcoming and attentive and come to chat with you everyday. The food was exceptional, I was never disappointed with my order. You can organise tours here and they have tuk tuks ready at the front door. Great pool table and computer for internet access. Huge beds, towel and big locker which were great. Room had an ensuite which was very convenient.
Now the bad points, sorry. The place is a concrete jungle so every sound bounces off the walls all the way up to the rooms. The rooms are above the bar, no common area to chill in which meant I had to go to my room for some sort of quiet. My room was a very cramped four bed dark windowless dorm. We had to leave the air con off as it was really stinky. The shower needed a really good scrub. Lots of hair tangled around a dirty shower hose.
Hope all of that helps.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank cheeksmcd
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in the female dorm for 3 nights...The room is not very big, but clean, with good layout, and the bed is big (1.2m+) & comfy...Its located in the centrel of Phnom Penh, walking distance to Royal Palace and local market (try the salty grilled fish, yummy!)

The reception girls are genuine nice and helpful, the girl with darker skin and longer hair were taking me by her scooter to a bakery, when I told her I wanna bring a baguette sandwich on the bus to Siem Reap, coz I don't have time to have lunch, well, I bought her a box of cookie to return the favour...:)

However, the food there are bit pricey, and they probably can do a better job to clean the steps area...anyway, I enjoyed my stay there, and would recommend to all...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Lovely Jubbly place is a great hostel in the centre of Phnom Penh. I head a really great time here and even came back after 3 weeks because I liked it so much. Kim Chea the receptionist at the front desk is so friendly and smiles all day. She is doing a really great job!
Thank you for making my stay in Phnom Penh so nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

For those looking for a small and intimate hostel - this is not the place to go. The hostel is huge, with an enormous bar-area on the ground floor; attracting a certain kind of backpackers. However, the hostel is extremely clean and beds are huge, making it a very comfortable place to sleep (just don't forget your earplugs!). Their tuktuk-tours are of great value, staff is extremely kind and they are able to arrange anything for you - busses, boats, etc. All in all a rather nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

i stayed in a dorm for 3 nites.. nice places,cool dining area and bar..lovely and friendly staff, and they manage tours and bus tickets which is good point. but the room is bit hot and the bed isnt that good
but overall,i enjoyed stay there

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo