“Yep, very good!”

Ninja Japanese Dining & Bar
Ranked #373 of 1,467 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Overall it's a "Very Good", although compared to the other Japanese options in town I'd give it an "Excellent".
The curry brings back Japanese memories - Even served with the little pickles! Katsu-don was awesome too. I haven't had a crack at any sashimi given that it's raw and this is Phnom Penh, but I'm sure they would do a good job if they could get some quality fish.
Cool little shop too! I'll keep going here for my Japanese fix in PP.

There are newer reviews for Ninja Japanese Dining & Bar

Reviewed June 1, 2014

After a sweaty roam checking out all of the surrounding restaurants we picked this one because it served both bento and yakitori which suited both of our desires.

We took a good look at the menu which was pretty exciting and decided that ordering the individual components of the bento boxes worked out the same price as the venues own selection and we even could customise them to our tastes.

Between two of us we ordered:

Cucumber and seaweed in sweetened vinegar - $1
Cold tomato $1.75 (crazy choice I know, but sometimes you really just need a cold tomato)
Pork goyza (6pcs) - $3
Deep fried tofu - $3
Mackeral simmered in miso sauce - $2.50
Assorted skewers - $3.50
1 Rice and miso soup set - $1.75
1 miso soup - $1

The bill came to $17.50 which sounds expensive for Phnom Penh but was totally worth it.

I am almost always disappointed by at least one thing that I order, but I was leaping up and down with joy over this meal. The goyza were out of this world good - especially with the vinegar and sesame oil dip I fashioned with the condiments provided.

The atmosphere was great, there were two massive Japanese raves going on and everyone looked like they were having a marvelous time. I know I was.

The staff were attentive to just the right degree - not asleep or playing candy crush saga in the back room, but also not asking you if everything was OK every two minutes. They did, however give us ample refills of free icy water for the duration of our time there including whilst we paid the bill, which was much appreciated - Phnom Penh is hot at the moment.

Everything tasted clean and fresh. So much so in fact that we had to go and buy a chocolate bar from a local mini-mart on the way home.

This place is a winner.

1  Thank Jessica232323
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We ordered several small dishes and they were all perfectly cooked and tasty. Enjoyed the service and the place had a charm. Will be going back.

1  Thank JackLDN2014
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

There are a number of Japanese restaurants in Phnom Penh but Ninja was a short walk from our hotel so we thought we should try it out.

Quick, friendly service. The sushi rolls are made fresh in the back of the restaurant which definitely adds to the authenticity.

If you're looking for a nice Japanese restaurant and not worried about paying a little extra then give Ninja a try.

1  Thank Brendan S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is GREAT! I went there for dinner as I was craving some sushi. As you walk in, the staff greet you and show you to a table. The restaurant is very simple and the layout is nice and small. From what I gathered by the people that was there and arriving are local Japanese residency. Food was very nice as I ordered a box set and a side of sushi. Price is ok too.