“Wonderfully helpful staff”
Review of FCC Phnom Penh

FCC Phnom Penh
Ranked #96 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Celebrated spot for hanging out with great view over the river. Not many rooms: I was given one with a river view balcony which was fine though to be honest a touch noisy. Magnificent staff. Within a few hours of checking in I had managed to freeze the safe twice and misuse the key. The front desk could not have been more tolerant and helpful. Breakfast was fine, drinks cheap and a very laid-back atmopshere.

Room Tip: I think there are only seven: the river side is noisy but has great views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pantagruelParis

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

It's a good place to hang out and have drinks with friends but go somewhere else to eat. I ordered the carbonara and got a terrible stomachache after. The view was nice though of the riverside. The rest of my family didn't seem to have any problems with their stomachs after their meals.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Gloribien
chanthaleng, Manager at FCC Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Gloribien,

I am concerned about the issue you had with the spaghetti carbonara and follow by a stomachache that you experienced in our Hotel/restaurant during your recent visit.
I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their experience/stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our Hotel/restaurant is to provide dependable services to our guests.

Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy

Please accept my sincere Apology

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously.
They tell us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong and what we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving you in the future

Best regards,

Benjamin Le Grand
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went with a group of people I was working with. It was Ok for a group not very good for couples romancing I would say. It was very touristy but had good views and you could see the palace from the back. The food was ok. Very busy on the outside as everyone wanted the views.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy A
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Alcoholic beverages are a lot more expensive here, probably because you’re drinking in a “branded” pub. Nothing spectacular though - the bar just happens to be situated by the riverside, overlooking the river. But that's it really.

One pitcher of Angkor Beer costs $8.

Budget: $10-15 / person

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EYLAH44
Reviewed January 13, 2013

They boast that their happy hour they have half price beer, but when a mug of anchor is priced at $2.40 when the going rate on the strip is $1 outside of happy hour, it's really nothing to brag about. Yeah, it has a nice big balcony which is why we went here for New Years eve to see the fireworks (and I can't hold the fact that there weren't actually any fireworks against them!) and between 10 and 11 I believe it is they have house spirits and mixer for $1.75 which is a good deal.

Other than that I couldn't wait to get out, the judgemental faces of the staff and punters alike, everyone just seemed to be up themselves. Oh, and the spirit deal is a good deal, but when you have to wait 40minutes to still not get it, what's the point ?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PigsOnMyKnees
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Arriving at FCC after a 6hr bus journey from Saigon which I must add was cheap, enjoyable and basically hassle free at the border, we were shown to our rooms, the rooms had a colonial feel about them, clean and spacious however please avoid room Bantay Srey, it's below the restaurant and bar and very noisy from around 06.00 when they set up for breakfast until around 23.00 when the bar closes. The hotel is in a good location and the bar is very popular with expats and tourists because of its history, I would recommend a visit to the bar and restaurant and the food is good however, service is painfully slow and bar management is non-existent, the FCC was not what I expected and its not a place I would stay at again but it's good for a drink.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My recent experience at the FCC may cause me to seek other accomodation when I next travel to Phnom Pen. All that it has left to recomend it in my opinion is its location.
They have moved the check in to a temporary desk in the lobby of the stairway to the Bars upstairs and that is not working very well at all. I am not sure if this is temporary but I think not as the original checkin is going over to a commercial office.
The staff this time were very off hand and we had two rooms where the safe did not work and despite repeated requests they could not get them operational. This also went for the WIFI.
I have stayed at the FCC many times and have continually recomended it but I now withdraw my support.

Room Tip: Dont book there until you start to see some positive reviews. There are establishments in Phnom Pe...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family