“Great fun and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cambodia Cooking Class
Brisbane, Australia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great fun and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

For our first ever cooking class this half day experience was a lot of fun. After meeting at the restaurant we took a tuk tuk to the markets. That was interesting and different. My husband and I probably wouldn't have gone through this type of market if we hadn't been involved in the class. Then we went to the cooking classroom on the roof of a building. Our teacher was fun and made it enjoyable. The food was delicious. You receive a cookbook containing several recipes. We really enjoyed meeting other travellers of various ages. I wish we had done the full day class.

• Korean first
Kendal, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Really enjoyable day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed the full day's cookery class. Our teacher (for want of a title) was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and great fun.

The day started with an interesting trip to a local market to pick up ingredients for the cooking. We were then taken to a rooftop kitchen to receive instruction in how to cook four delicious meals. I have to say that the fish amok and mango with sticky rice were excellent. The whole process was well-managed throughout.

My wife suffers from an extremely restricted diet but it was no problem for our teacher to adjust the recipes to cater for her affliction, so she was able to enjoy the day with all the other participants.

All in all, it was a very entertaining and instructive day and one that we were so glad we attended it.

One thing - although the website states that a credit can be used to pay, they would only take cash when we turned up to book this at the Frizz restaurant.

1 Thank Kendalmackem
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun day, but a little slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my day with Cambodia Cooking Class. I chose to do the full day class, and I'm really glad that I did. In the morning we went to the local market, which was interesting, but it was very cumbersome moving through the market as a group. If you want a real market experience I would recommend going to a local market by yourself. The class itself was fun, although we didn't get to do as many of the steps individually as I would have liked. Instead of each preparing every dish, we made some of the dishes together as a class. The afternoon was wonderful as most people has chosen to only do the halfday. It was me and one other participant and the teacher.
Bottom line: It was a fun way to spend a day in PP and get a taste for Cambodian cooking.

Visited April 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun, learnt a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a great day spent learning to cook with an enthusiastic guide!
There were a range of ages/interests but I think everyone got a lot out of the day. I'd highly recommend it. Worth sticking around for the whole day - otherwise you only make two of the four dishes.
You won't need to eat much else that day!

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fun cooking class for the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great tour of the market and fun guide. We cooked the chicken curry and banana flower chicken sausage which were both nice. The teacher did some of the elements of the cooking and did not provide as much instruction about what he was doing and why. As an experienced asian home cook I would have liked more detailed information, but as a family activity with our 13 and 16 year old children it was fun. The booking and paying process could be better, the staff at the restaurant were not very helpful.

Visited April 2013