“Meh. $3 soda water- is this New York?”

THE GROOVE music lounge
Ranked #45 of 102 Nightlife in Phnom Penh
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Meh. $3 soda water- is this New York?”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Not much happening here if you are on your own. A few sedate couples. They returned the $5 entry fee upon my asking, although looked surprised, (I had been there only a few minutes), but to then charge $3 for a soda water.. bit rude.. what is this New York?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Get into the groove”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This tastefully decorated music lounge has a definite classy high end of the market feel to it, the music is good and the sound quality is very good, the space is a far too small for what they are trying to achieve, 20 people and the place would seem packed. My main issue with the place is the price, charging 3 or 4 dollars for a beer and having a $5 cover charge means that I could only afford to visit this place very occasionally, and the music would have to be guaranteed something that I like.

London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“What a great surprise”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We arrived late (ish) having eaten at the Terazza restaurant next door. The place was buzzing and the music lively. Guest musicians kept the mood and pace going. The French host also played drums. Speaking to the organist after I found out he had supported Dr John. After a great night of music and rocking (or is that jiving - There is a photo on their website of me and partner dancing) we got back to our hotel around 2:00 am. A great evening, I must go back next time we visit Phnom Penh.

1 Thank Galfred
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best live music in Phnom Penh!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I am currently working in Phnom Pehn and The Groove is the place to go for good music. Richard and Phil play jazz together for over 5 years and they have an amazing musical connection. You can have dinner at the restaurant downstairs before (that's how I end up at The Groove). They play from Tuesdays to Sunday, from Salsa classes to Bossa Nova. A must to go if you want a runaway from back packers or just enjoy a good moment.

1 Thank Joao J