Nice but dated hotel, used by a lot of our groups.
The location is a bit far out from town. Although it's on a main street, the only nearby attraction is the central market. Anything else - the palace, riverfront, temples etc - is a tuk tuk ride away, though it's only a dollar per person.
Our room overlooked the street and had a massive billboard light shining in when we tried to sleep. The curtain didn't fit the window so we had to pin it shut with our bags. We also had very noisy aircon that kept us awake and the safety deposit box isn't bolted down so you could carry it out of the room!
- Breakfast was a decent buffet in the hotel lobby.
- Staff were nice and friendly.
- Rooms are very spacious.
- The lifts are tiny and only fit two people, so be prepared to get tired of queueing and use the stairs every day. They are currently upgrading the hotel with a new lift so hopefully it will improve soon.
- Wifi only worked in reception
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DIAMOND HOTEL is a 3 stars hotel which centrally located on Monivong Blvd., And in the heart of Phnom Penh city , Kingdom of Cambodia. Only few minutes by a walk-you able to reach to Central market, restaurant, bank, conference center and the shopping center in Phnom Penh. Diamond hotel has comprise of 80 comfortable guest rooms with wooden decoration style. Tourists and business travelers will enjoy our services and facilities in traditional Cambodian hospitality at DIAMOND HOTEL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Hotel Phnom Penh