“Himawari Apartments, Phnom Penh”

Himawari Hotel Apartments
Ranked #28 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at the Himawari for three weeks. It was a comfortable stay - the rooms were a good size, the facilities were excellent, the staff were most helpful and everything was delivered with a smile. It even has a micro-brewery and I spent many an evening sitting out overlooking the River Mekong, sipping a beer and enjoying the good food on offer.

It is also reasonable price for what are facilities normally associated with five star hotels. The location was also excellent (banks of the river Mekong and very centrally located).

I would definitely be back in the Himawari during my next trip to Phnom Penh

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked 2 apartments at Himawari Hotel for our team comprising university students enroute to Kampong Speu for a community service project. It is a nice and cosy hotel, tastefully fitted like home.The staff were warm and attentive. Swimming pool was good size for a work out. Breakfast was great-we were spoilt for choice. The location by the river was great, quiet and have good river view and yet within walking distance to town

Room Tip: Ask for apartment with river view
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I gave many postcards and Money for stamps to the Concierge to mail for me because we were in a hurry to the Airport. We as a Group had spent more than 10 Days at your hotel including Conference. (25 persons) Not one single postcard has reached Sweden. One was for my husbands mother, a really really nice one. She was very sick and I wanted her to get this postcard. Unfortunately she died late December and that is why I am very upsted about this handling of the postcard. If you would have told me that there could be problems sending out postcards, I would have brought it home with me and give to her, but now it is to late. All other 15 postcard has not reached any of the addresses, not to my Children. So overall I am disappointed at your hotel for handling this so bad.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I liked the apartment style accommodations of the Himawari and the very reasonable daily rates. The Himawari is very strategically located close to many restaurants and bars in the area as well as some other hotels. The rooms are clean but my only complaint is that they only service the rooms in the late afternoon. On the other hand, I greatly appreciate the free internet service which allowed me to work in my room and the very accessible business center for my photocopying needs. Room service is also excellent but the menu selections should be expanded. Nonetheless, they allow deliveries from other food establishments in the area. My overall experience has been very good and I would book there again should I need to be in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the river.
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Apartment style, we have 2 bedrooms and living room, all furnished with washing machine and kitchen. Very convenient for family with babies. The location is great, at walking distance to the main part of town.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Himawari Hotel Apartments are in a great location in Phnom Penh. The staff are brilliant and happy to try and make your stay as pleasant as possible. I had a few problems with my room the first night and they swapped me to another at my request. The rooms are a bit dated, but it adds to the history of the place. I would recommend it to any business traveller.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

in a beautiful 3 bedroom, 3 bath apartment. The panoramic views of the broad confluence of the Tonle Sap and Mekong rivers are now sorely missed. The river view apartments are quiet (except for the occassional courtyard dinner function) and well looked after by staff. Himawari is child friendly with a big pool and grassy play areas. Floating Bar Restaurant 'Kanika' was a treat before any sunset until it was sent for repairs. We hope it is back!

Travelers also viewed these Phnom Penh hotels
#29 of 274 in Phnom Penh
White Mansion
White Mansion
#8 of 274 in Phnom Penh

Been to Himawari Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Himawari Hotel Apartments

Address: 313 Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh 12207, Cambodia (Formerly MiCasa Hotel Apartments)
Location: Cambodia > Phnom Penh
Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#16 Luxury Hotel in Phnom Penh
#18 Spa Hotel in Phnom Penh
#22 Business Hotel in Phnom Penh
Price Range: $100 - $183 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Himawari Hotel Apartments 4*
Perched on the idyllic setting of Tonle Sap River, banks of the Chaktomok River, be immersed by the essence of serenity at Himawari Hotel Apartments; a five-star establishment. Enjoy splendid views of Mekong Delta in a tranquil resort haven. Be pampered in the Himawari Suites and Apartments where you can enjoy the privacy and comfort of home. Take pleasure in our hospitality as we lavish upon you within the alluring sanctuary. The close proximity to most Embassies and Ministries makes a perfect choice for the discerning business travellers. Leisurely, our location pairs scenic beauty of the Royal Palace and the National Museum, rendering the cultural jewels of Phnom Penh. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Himawari Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Himawari Hotel Phnom Penh