“Great and welcome place for my new Home”
Review of Omana Hotel

Omana Hotel
Ranked #43 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great and welcome place for my new Home”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I am so pleased with my stay at Hotel 9, the manager Kai and staff were very helpful. They even helped me find an apartment to rent.

The lounges on each floor were very bright and relaxing from the sunlight. The spacious & well lighted computer/business center area was great for me because of my poor vision.

I was also happy to get some exercise by swimming in the pool.

The breakfast buffet was scrumtions now I have to swim & exercise more to lose the weight I gained... but that is not the fault of the hotel lol

Will recommand to all my friends from USA to stay here when they visit me, Thanks Kai! Aloha

Room Tip: Had knee surgey and the bottom floor was good for me, well lighted with frosted windows was nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
KaiH9, General Manager at Omana Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hotel Nine wishes you Good Luck Bob while you are in Cambodia learning your 13th Language and teaching English. See you at Happy Hour!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 24 and the staff were so lovely and accommodated to our every need. I stayed on the third and had a nice large cool room that had a fan and air con. Love the hand print mural idea of being able to give back to the community. Only fault would be that when we ordered food it did take a while, but this could be due to lots of us ordering at the same time, hotel food is delicious and cheap! Happy hour is the best hour, the frozen cocktails are just incredible!! Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013
hotel_nine098, General Manager at Omana Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
It was our honor to be able to host Mosman High. Hotel Nine believes in making an impact in Cambodia and giving back just like your group, we do it by supporting Sisha and taking part in Child Safe, buying fresh and local fruits and vegetables, supporting the local Cambodian Coffee industry and many more small things that add up to a BIG impact to keeping Cambodia on the path to recovery. When our guests stay with us they are impacting Cambodia more than most think. Keep on making a difference and hope to see you and have you as a guest again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Location: Not all tuk tuk drivers know about this hotel, even if you give them the address (in English & Khmer). Some simply cant read so they may need to call a friend! Ask before you hop in. If in doubt, try another tuk tuk. Entrance is very small and not very noticeable in my opinion. No big signage. There was a wedding on the day I arrived and it continued the next day with loud music started at 0530. Lots of traffic, people and food stalls on the street. Expect it to be noisy between 0530 and 2300. Earplugs are advisable.

Bedroom: Stayed in room 305 (top floor overlooking the landing area). Airy and I like the high ceiling. Could do with more lights. Quite dark after you pull the blinds down to get privacy. Also another mirror would be helpful.

Bathroom: Good shower. Could do with more hooks to hang wet towels. Facial tissues would be nice.

WIFI: No or extremely weak WIFI in my room. Must go to communal area. However the connection can be temperamental sometimes. I've found connection on the 2nd floor is far stronger than 3rd.

Staff: Helpful. Bought my bus ticket to Sihanoukville from reception.

Suggestions/Tips:
- Don't get the tuk tuks waiting outside the hotel. Walk the extra meters to get a cheaper rate.
- Be advised that there is no lift but a narrow and spiral staircase. Must be careful.
- I personally find the restaurant food to be expensive and not that tasty. I'd eat elsewhere if you can.
- If you can, use laundry service outside the hotel (e.g. 1kg for $1) because hotel charges per item. As I didn't have the time, I used the latter and it costed me almost $7 for 2 trousers, 1 PJ and 4 T-shirts. Some damages to my T-shirts (burnt and staines) but the same policy (shop accepts no responsibility) applies everywhere so don't expect a lot even back in England.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
hotel_nine098, Front Office Manager at Omana Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while staying with us. As were you, we were surprised without any notification from the neighbors about the wedding. As it is Cambodia it is unlike western countries with strict regulations and zoning for such an event, so weddings can pop up anywhere here without any notifications. I have talked with the neighbor and they at first didn't understand as a hotel why should we be notified and were taken back by the question since weddings should be a joyous event but have assured me since this is their last child there should be no more events.

Bedroom: Thank you for the feedback to make it a more pleasant room to stay in. We have considered to looking into other options for lightening.

Bathroom: Thank you for the feedback we will take it in consideration.

WIFI: At the time of your stay the WIFI AP on the 3rd floor broke and we are in the process of replacing it.

Staff: Great to hear as majority guest agreed friendliest and helpful in Phnom Penh.

Suggestions/Tips:
Tuk Tuks- In all of Phnom Penh and Cambodia all prices are negotiable with drivers and should always be agreed upon before getting in but it is the payer who is the final decider of the price.

Restaurant food: Is 5$ per tapas $13 total if you buy 3, yes it isn't cheap as Khmer street food but its cheaper and with better quality compared to other Foreign Restaurants in Phnom Penh as you can see from our other guest reviews.

We thank you again for your stay and also for your feedback. Hotel Nine always likes to improve and you have given us points to make it enjoyable stay not just for you but other guests at our hotel. Thanks!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were warned about the first floor rooms by other tripadvisor reviewers, but we took a gamble and booked anyway, and requested a room on an upper floor with our reservation. This was a mistake. When we arrived, our request for an upper floor was ignored, and we were given a first floor room anyway. It was like sleeping in a dirty basement for the price of a 3-4 star hotel room. Not worth the price at all. Save your money and book elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We try to accommodate all guest requests, as a small hotel the only suite we had left when you booked was in the first floor. When you arrived we offered you 2 double rooms on a higher floor. You insisted on taking our ground floor suite, we spoke multiple times during your stay and not once did you mention that you had any issue with the ground floor suite. We were disappointed to read your review, we do encourage all of our guests that if they have any issues to let us know and we do our best to solve them. We have had many great reviews on our ground floor rooms. We hope you had an enjoyable time on the rest of your holiday.
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Could not fault hotel 9 at all. From the moment we checked in everything was great. Staff friendly and helpful. Food fantastic, rooms spacious and clean. Would stay again, close to all the city has to offer but secluded enough to feel your not part of it all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being an awesome guest and we would love to have you again!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to a lie in but rudely awoken by a wedding going on next door at 07.00
It was about 80 decibels!!!
Asked reception about tomorrow morning (Sunday) and it's happening again tomorrow!
Better make sure I get a very early night in then.... Or move!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel was great and rooms were wonderful for the price you pay!! The staff were very friendly and so helpful and the manager Kai couldn't do enough to help me, as I have moved to Phnom Penh and this is where I stayed when I arrived. It is a quiet haven from a bustling city and would recommend it to anyone!!!

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the top floor as you get a good view at night
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sophie P
We hope you have settled in now in Cambodia for your 6 month mission. If you need any assistance feel free to contact us and see you at happy hour!