“Wonderful Experience!”
Review of Petra

Petra
Ranked #79 of 1,468 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Petra restaurant (with its Authentic SYRIAN CHEF) which is named after the famous historic city Petra in Jordan, is located in a spacious 3 floor Villa in downtown Phnom Penh. We offer a large range of authentic Middle Eastern as well as a variety of Western dishes as set menus and food a la carte. We furthermore provide buffet for large groups (Please notice us in advance). While waiting for the food, guests can dress up in traditional Arabic dresses and take photos on the 2nd floor. Our focus is on providing authentic Middle Eastern flavours in a homely environment with excellent customer service. We furthermore take great pride in having a state of the art stainless steel kitchen and train all our staff in hygiene awareness.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was my third time visiting Petra and I am absolutely amazed by the different dishes that I have tried. From the Mashawi Moshakal (Middle Eastern BBQ) to the Shawerma and Kufta. The starters are absolutely superb and the hummus was one of the best that I have had in a very long time. I was quite flattered by the complimentary starters that were served to me on my last visit and I will definitely go there again. I recommend Petra to anyone that would like to get a unique taste of exquisite Middle Eastern dining. I also really enjoyed dressing up in traditional Jordanian clothing and taking photos at the top floor of the restaurant. Overall, a very great experience!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Charlie K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Elegance at it's best!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've been to Petra several times, because the flavors are just astonishingly impressive. The bread they serve is the best I've tried, the hummus was one of the best I've tried not just in Cambodia but throughout my life! The prices are great as well, as well as the location and design of the restaurant. I recommend Petra to anyone interested in not only the Middle Eastern Cuisine but also anyone who's interested in having a great experience. Thank you Petra for serving me with generosity throughout my visits to your restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Roy S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,664 helpful votes
“Average food but expensive ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Fruit juice: added water to save on real fruit.

Hummus: added probably too much oil and water to save on real check peas.

Good intention on waiters with friendly service and great idea on the Arabic dress of some staff.

Service good.

Price a bit too high for what I have eaten.

I wouldn't go back if I was in PP again.

3 Thank Elmunyoz
Jakarta
“Good, but room for improvement”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Good:
- clean, quiet and spacious dining area
- main of mixed kebabs with salad and pita amazing. Great meal.
At a high western price it should be.

Improvements:
- had babaganoush. It was terrible. Bland. No spice. At $4 a pop
V expensive for what you get. Avoid. It was like eating just cooked eggplant. Only 3 pitas were
Offered for the sizeable serving. As a result, we had to order and pay for more.
- AC freezing cold. Arctic. As a result, I was cold, as was my food as soon as it arrived.
- No alcohol. This could have been noted outside.
- pushed to order dessert even before I had finished my main. First time ever. I found it rather rude.
- hidden service charge appears in bill. Take note.

Overall, my main was excellent. Just a few things that need to be attended to.

• Visited April 2014
Henrik H, Manager at Petra, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for visiting Petra as well as giving us feedback so we can improve our operations.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the mixed Kebabs with salad and Pita.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Baba Ghanoush and were not satisfied with the number of Pitas served with the dish.

Furthermore, we would like to offer our apologies for any miscommunications regarding alcoholic drinks at Petra restaurant. We will improve our communications in regards to making our customers aware of the fact that we are a dry restaurant.

Regarding the service charge, we will address the issue and include all charges in the prices as shown on the menu.

We hope to receive you again in the future.

Petra Restaurant
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Exquisite food, fine dining experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had lunch at Petra with a group of people and we all came to the same conclusion that we had one of the best dining experience in Phnom Penh. The food is superb, and the atmosphere is nice and friendly. I would suggest sharing various appetizers to get the taste of everything. Highly recommended restaurant especially if you like to try a fine Middle Eastern cuisine.

• Visited March 2014