“Elegance at it's best!”
Review of Petra

Petra
Ranked #76 of 1,443 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Petra restaurant (with its Authentic SYRIAN CHEF) which is named after the famous historic city Petra in Jordan, is located in a spacious 3 floor Villa in downtown Phnom Penh. We offer a large range of authentic Middle Eastern as well as a variety of Western dishes as set menus and food a la carte. We furthermore provide buffet for large groups (Please notice us in advance). While waiting for the food, guests can dress up in traditional Arabic dresses and take photos on the 2nd floor. Our focus is on providing authentic Middle Eastern flavours in a homely environment with excellent customer service. We furthermore take great pride in having a state of the art stainless steel kitchen and train all our staff in hygiene awareness.
“Elegance at it's best!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've been to Petra several times, because the flavors are just astonishingly impressive. The bread they serve is the best I've tried, the hummus was one of the best I've tried not just in Cambodia but throughout my life! The prices are great as well, as well as the location and design of the restaurant. I recommend Petra to anyone interested in not only the Middle Eastern Cuisine but also anyone who's interested in having a great experience. Thank you Petra for serving me with generosity throughout my visits to your restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Roy S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,665 helpful votes
“Average food but expensive ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Fruit juice: added water to save on real fruit.

Hummus: added probably too much oil and water to save on real check peas.

Good intention on waiters with friendly service and great idea on the Arabic dress of some staff.

Service good.

Price a bit too high for what I have eaten.

I wouldn't go back if I was in PP again.

3 Thank Elmunyoz
Jakarta
“Good, but room for improvement”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Good:
- clean, quiet and spacious dining area
- main of mixed kebabs with salad and pita amazing. Great meal.
At a high western price it should be.

Improvements:
- had babaganoush. It was terrible. Bland. No spice. At $4 a pop
V expensive for what you get. Avoid. It was like eating just cooked eggplant. Only 3 pitas were
Offered for the sizeable serving. As a result, we had to order and pay for more.
- AC freezing cold. Arctic. As a result, I was cold, as was my food as soon as it arrived.
- No alcohol. This could have been noted outside.
- pushed to order dessert even before I had finished my main. First time ever. I found it rather rude.
- hidden service charge appears in bill. Take note.

Overall, my main was excellent. Just a few things that need to be attended to.

• Visited April 2014
Henrik H, Manager at Petra, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for visiting Petra as well as giving us feedback so we can improve our operations.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the mixed Kebabs with salad and Pita.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Baba Ghanoush and were not satisfied with the number of Pitas served with the dish.

Furthermore, we would like to offer our apologies for any miscommunications regarding alcoholic drinks at Petra restaurant. We will improve our communications in regards to making our customers aware of the fact that we are a dry restaurant.

Regarding the service charge, we will address the issue and include all charges in the prices as shown on the menu.

We hope to receive you again in the future.

Petra Restaurant
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Exquisite food, fine dining experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had lunch at Petra with a group of people and we all came to the same conclusion that we had one of the best dining experience in Phnom Penh. The food is superb, and the atmosphere is nice and friendly. I would suggest sharing various appetizers to get the taste of everything. Highly recommended restaurant especially if you like to try a fine Middle Eastern cuisine.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Andean97
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Excellent Middle East Restaurant In Phnom Penh”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We tried Petra for a change from our usual restaurants in Phnom Penh as it is close to our home, and we wanted a change, plus I like Middle eastern food.
As long as you are not worried about absence of alcohol (as it's Hallal) and we and our guest had no worries about no alcohol its an awesome restaurant.

I food is easily as good as anything I have tasted in the Middle East, the presentation is lovely and the service is excellent. The price is also very good value (about $67 for three people with many courses, desert, drinks and coffee).

The staff are courteous, friendly and helpful, explaining to my wife the various dishes that might suit her Khmer taste, and the food is beautifully fresh and well presented. The meal was not rushed - we had a lot of food and just took our time to enjoy.

As other reviews on Trip Adviser say I would not give praise easily but this was easily one of the best restaurant meals I have had for a long time, and was much enjoyed by my Khmer wife and NZ guest.

We will definitely be going back to Petra, and my wife is already saying instead of two normally favored (western and Thai/ Khmer) restaurants., both of which are also slightly more expensive.
If you are happy to enjoy a meal without alcohol, and thir mixed juices and drinks are delicious, this is a must try restaurant.

• Visited March 2014