“Good food, nice place”

Ranked #27 of 1,467 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Burrito bar featuring a unique fusion of modern and traditional Mexican cuisine and creative cocktails.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I really liked Cartel when I went there (twice). Once I had beef and once I had pork - both really delicious. The flavours of the meet are very nice. Once was burrito and once was bowl. I prefer the bowl because I find it more filling and it is easy to mix all of the salsas and extras in. The staff are super nice, and I like the ordering system. It's very good for a quick meal. But seems like also somewhere where people go to enjoy drinks (very strong), so feels quite lively. I would recommend it- tasty food, clean, friendly, fair price.

There are newer reviews for Cocina Cartel

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Totally recommended this place!
Beautiful setting, great atmosphere and great food!
Definitely come back here for more tacos!

1  Thank Sopheak H
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ordered for delivery two burritos (chicken and beef). They arrived with ingredients that I stated three times (and made them repeat the order to me) that I did not like nor want. I called them and they re-delivered. I asked the guy if the order had the guacamole and sour cream like the first order and he said it did. I asked him to wait and checked it. It did not.
Now down to the nitty gritty: the food. It was edible but not remarkable in any way. $17.50 for the two burritos (the guacamole X2 was $2 extra) and 2 Cokes ($3.00). The guacamole was okay but the sour cream tasted a little off. Expensive (for Cambo) lesson learned. It is not "the best Mexican restaurant in Phnom Penh" as they have stated above in their description. Ballsy statement but not true.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Cool decor, great food and really friendly and attentive staff. I've been to Cartel twice, once for dinner and once for lunch, both times the burritos were delicious and the drinks menu is awesome. Definitely recommend the Contraband cocktail!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have eaten at Cartel twice and love the waitstaff. They are so friendly and helpful.
I have had the burrito bowl each time, once with chicken and once with beef. They are delicious.
The black beans and rice are excellent. The burritos and bowls are their specialty.
I also had the chips and salsa - the salsa tastes fresh and homemade. Love it.
The beers are in cold glasses and are delicious. The atmosphere is casual and fun!