“Showed results”

Cambodia Photo Tours by Michael Klinkhamer
Ranked #38 of 133 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cambodia Photo Tours by Phnom Penh local resident and professional Photographer Michael Klinkhamer (contact: info(at)cambodiaphototours.asia) is offering a highly rated and exciting photography workshop-tour in Cambodia. Daily Photography Tour & Workshop in Phnom Penh and Cambodia wide. Daily 1/2 day and full day tours in and around Phnom Penh. Personal guiding for beginner or pro photographers. We offer 1/2 day, full day and multi day workshops. Starts daily from 7.15am or 9.30am and afternoon/sunset sessions from 13.30pm-17.30pm.During this workshop tour you will learn to set up your digital camera for optimum results and discover Phnom Penh City and beyond like no other guide or guidebook will show you. (all camera's including smartphones) We focus on street/urban/portrait/still life/architecture fine art/travel photo's. This photo workshop is designed to make you a better photographer and will get you to the best off the beaten track photography places.
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I spent two afternoons with Michael exploring Phnom Penh and my camera thanks me. Got some interesting perspective on the standard locations and really came alive in the street photography. It was a huge benefit for me to be able learn and ask a million questions from such an accomplished photographer.

After the sessions, Michael emailed me with pictures he had taken of me. Some of the best pictures from my trip.

Ideal for a photographers of all levels.

All reviews
"great shots"
"camera settings"
"taking photos"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"great images"
in 6 reviews
"ferry"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Definitely the best way to experience the sights of Phnom Penh. Originally I only intended to take one photo tour. However, I ended up taking several tours and visiting most of the city this way. Michael Klinkhamer is an accomplished photographer and writer, very professional, and above all informative and patient. On every tour, he provided key insights and tips on how to use my camera as well as recommendations on composition and shooting options. With his knowledge of the most photogenic spots in and around the city, I covered more possibilities than I could have on a regular city tour or just walking around on my own. Along the way he shared insights on life in Phnom Penh and Cambodian culture. He engaged very well with all tour participants from the novice like me to the long-term aficionado or expert. I can’t speak highly enough of Michael’s skills.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Saw the flyer when leaving the bar and while considering the tour, in walked Michael. Fantastic afternoon of one to one tuition for me, with husband and 3 kids in tow getting to see all sorts of sides of the real Phnom Penh. Well recommended.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Michael is very skillful and knowledgeable. The first hour of instruction about using my own camera and lenses was very helpful. I learned a lot of new tips and tricks to better use my camera. After the instruction Michael showed he has great knowledge about the city and the surroundings of Phnom Penh. He showed a different side of the city, which made the trip very interesting. It also made for some beautiful pictures. It was a very good afternoon, in which I learned a lot about photography and it was a great way to discover the city.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was one of my bets days in Phnom Penh. Accidently I saw Michaels flyer in my hotels restaurant and decided to go for it.
I had a wonderful day, at the meeting place Michael starts his introduction, and explains the camera's and how he works. The group was very small, only three of us, he made time for all of us. We had three different levels, I didn't had any experience, one middle and the other had a real professional camera and knew all about photography and Michael explained everything at anyones level. I learned so much how to handle my camera, and how I can get more out of it.
He also took us to some places in in Phnom Penh I didn't saw before, some hidden places I didn't saw before.

I met some great people, Michael, and the two other participants :)
After the workshop we all went for drinks and dinner together, after sunset.

Sure I will practice my skills, and next time when I am in asia I will participate again :)

Thanks Michael for everything!