“great day, learned a lot”

Cambodia Photo Tours by Michael Klinkhamer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cambodia Photo Tours by Phnom Penh local resident and professional Photographer Michael Klinkhamer is leading a highly rated and exciting photography workshop-tour in Cambodia over the last three years. Join me! Daily Photography Tour & Workshop in Phnom Penh and Cambodia wide. Daily 1/2 day and full day tours in and around Phnom Penh. Personal guiding beginner or pro photographers. During this workshop tour you will learn to set up your digital camera for optimum results and discover Phnom Penh City and beyond like no other guide or guidebook will show you. (all camera's including smartphones) We focus on street/urban/portrait/still life/architecture fine art/travel photo's. Check for examples my Instagram portfolio. michael_klinkhamer This photo workshop is designed to make you a better photographer and will get you to the best of the beaten track photography places and you will meet beautiful local faces and unique spots to photograph. You will walk away with some amazing pictures to share. We offer 1/2 day, full day and multi day workshops. Starts daily from 7.15am or 9.30am and afternoon/sunset sessions from 13.30pm See you soon in Cambodia! Best, Michael Klinkhamer.
Bruges, Belgium
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“great day, learned a lot”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was one of my bets days in Phnom Penh. Accidently I saw Michaels flyer in my hotels restaurant and decided to go for it.
I had a wonderful day, at the meeting place Michael starts his introduction, and explains the camera's and how he works. The group was very small, only three of us, he made time for all of us. We had three different levels, I didn't had any experience, one middle and the other had a real professional camera and knew all about photography and Michael explained everything at anyones level. I learned so much how to handle my camera, and how I can get more out of it.
He also took us to some places in in Phnom Penh I didn't saw before, some hidden places I didn't saw before.

I met some great people, Michael, and the two other participants :)
After the workshop we all went for drinks and dinner together, after sunset.

Sure I will practice my skills, and next time when I am in asia I will participate again :)

Thanks Michael for everything!

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable, flexible and patient!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I participated as an observer on an afternoon workshop run by Michael today as my company is exploring photography tours with him. He was outstandingly patient and flexible. His two clients that day were young Western travelers.......one of them was already a repeat customer as she had participated in a similar experience with him over a week ago and was now bringing a friend she was so impressed. Michael was very understanding of their reasons for running so far behind schedule, although if others had been on the tour I am sure he would have started without delay. We sat at the FCC while he helped the one participant become familiar with her camera...even though she had owned it for quite awhile. She learned a lot more about what it is capable of doing and she had a lot of questions. Michael provided her with the broader picture, understanding and how to maximize the potential....(aperture, shutter speeds, ISO, etc.) of how the machinery worked. When she had a specific, detailed questioned he answered that.....for the broader questions I felt he gave enough information without getting too technical. This was the introduction part. He then moved on from there to actually taking photos....departing via ferry across the river.....we were running quite late and one of the participants had been on a similar tour, so he had already worked out a new route that would provide both the people with new experiences and still get to try-out various opportunities where he could assist them to understand composition, the impact of shutter speed, etc. Overall, I thought this was a great introduction and can tell that Michael would adapt based on the audience.....he is comfortable talking to beginners using an iPhone to more experienced photographers with expensive equipment. We are very much looking forward to working with him and our clients.

Visited October 2013
Perth
3 attraction reviews
“A great way to see Phnom Penh!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently went to one of Michael's Photo tours in Phnom Penh and it was great. I had only bought a DSLR camera a few days before my trip and Michael showed me how to use it in about 10mins!

I went on the tour on my second day in Cambodia and had a great day exploring the city. Michael knows where to find the hidden markets, friendliest locals and secret spots to get some great snaps.

I definitely felt a lot more confident with my camera after the tutorial and was able to use his tips to snap some great shots throughout my trip.

We ended the tour at the Eclipse Rooptop Bar in the middle of Phnom Penh. Located about 23 floors up I really got to see the whole of the city and capture some great shots of the sunset.

It doesn't matter if you're an amateur looking to learn how to make the most of your camera, or a professional trying to discover the real Phnom Penh. Michael's tours are a great way to do it.
I highly recommend this tour.

Visited September 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exciting way to start off a Cambodian Adventure”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently did a one-on-one photography tutorial and couldn't recommend it more highly.
Michael is clearly a passionate photographer with a lot of experience. I learnt so much in the session about the functions and uses of my camera and saw a dramatic improvement in my photographs.

Michael was so patient with my questions and had plenty of interesting stories to share about the glamourous industry that is photography. We spent some time walking through the food markets which I loved and was great to get hands on experience, 'out on the field'.

Wether you are just a beginner or someone who has room for improvement I definitely recommend spending an afternoon wandering around the crazy town of Phnom Penh with an excellent photographer to help you capture the true spirit of Cambodia.

Visited September 2013