Ways to Experience Choeung Ek Genocidal Center
from $22.57
from $66.67
from $119.00
12,526 results
All reviews audio tour killing fields mass graves choeung ek khmer rouge tuk tuk bone fragments memorial stupa pol pot sad place own pace sobering experience cambodian history recent history small museum heart breaking heart wrenching
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Although this was a very emotionally difficult place to see I'm very glad I went. It gave me a much better understanding of the genocide perpetrated by the Khmer Rouge and the amount of suffering inflicted upon the people. The center is well done and very respectful. If you go bring some tissue!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Outstanding, Sad, Respectful, Sad, Mans Inhumanity to man, Sad!!

I could go on!

The one place on our tour that I did not take a photo. It did not feel right!

A place to visit, but you just cannot fathom why people did this to other people.

Even now i struggle to articulate my thoughts - so I will not.

All I can say is - please do go!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

A must visit place in Phnom Penh to fully appreciate the devastation experienced under the Pol Pot regime. A confronting but informative morning, our hearts were breaking for the people of Cambodia throughout our visit. The atrocities which took place here were utterly heinous. We fully appreciate western privilege having visited the Killing Fields. We love the Cambodian people, not just for their sheer resilience in the face of such evil, but their will to remain peaceful at all costs. God bless this country xo

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

This is an incredibly upsetting spot, as is the museum at S21, but I think it’s very important to understanding Cambodia and the horror of its Holocaust. Just go and you will see.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I was amazed at the history that has been retained for the poor souls murdered here and throughout the country with so much respect and love. I was very emotional at the Children's Tree, leaving an offering of a kangaroo toy to the spirit of the little children and women killed here. I would recommend a visit here if you aren't someone who is triggered with war crimes and war stories / history.