“Perfect place”

AMANJAYA Pancam Suites Hotel
Ranked #53 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed August 3, 2006

I've just come back from a two-day stay in the Amanjaya and it was fantastic. It's in a wonderful location, very near the National Museum and Palace, and lots of good restaurants (Foreign Correspondents' Club and Friends). Plus it's in a safe part of town because it's very busy. I was travelling alone so this was really important to me. I stayed in Room 10 and it faced the river. It was perfectly quiet and huge! very tasteful furnishing and large bathroom. The *only* thing I had a problem with was the bed, which I found very hard. The room service was superfast, and my TV and safe didn't work when I checked it, and they fixed them in a jiffy. The BEST thing was the breakfast! I had the American breakfast and it was wonderful. The croissants were divine!! Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank splum

Reviewed December 31, 2005

Terrific location and huge room! I loved the balcony, facing the busy street and river. Room is deco with fusion of western and eastern design. Washroom is raw but very comfy! Only problem is the noise of traffic and tuk tuk driver downstairs at nite. Perhaps this is the trade off for good location. Anyway, I will stay here again when I come back!

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank gela_twn
Reviewed December 27, 2005

We stayed at the Amanjaya in November 2005. It was lovely in every respect. It has a great location in the centre of town close to restaurants, the river and sites. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely spacious. Our room had a balconey that looked out to the river and to two roads that went into the restaurant district. The staff in the hotel restaurant where we ate breakfast and several dinners were so very friendly and very attentive. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and you could have whatever you wanted from the menu. We also enjoyed a couple of dinners in the restaurant. The food was terrific. The staff at the reception desk were very friendly and helpful too. In the lobby of the hotel there were two internet workstations which was extremely convenient. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It was a highlight of our 3 week visit to Cambodia.

6  Thank jojo1473
Reviewed August 18, 2005

I've stayed here a couple of times, lured in by the very nicely designed foyer and entrance they had. It was one of the new world class decor displays I've seen in PP. I've stayed in the Panoramic suite all times and the view doesnt get any better in PP. The only drawbacks were the lack of a pool and the noise. If you wake up early then it shouldn't matter too muchm me, I like to sleep until 2pm so.... Other than that the bathrooms are beautiful and spacious, full bathtubs with little white rocks beneath them for decor. The smell from the native Khmer wood they use throughout the room are distinct and the moment I smell it in there air, I know... I've arrived... The art is original (I believe) French depicting the days of their occupation. The room service I found was above average across the board. Downstairs they have a restaurant/upscale bar and it was one of the few places I would feel 'right' drinking a nice bottle of French wine in PP. I will always return.

Stayed: June 2005
12  Thank mobiryder
Reviewed May 8, 2005

This hotel is an oasis in an otherwise chaotic Phnom Penh.
Rooms are great and absolutley huge, nice local decoration and great bathrooms.
Walking distance to major tourist spots and to some decent bars and restaurants along the river front. Great balconies to sit and have a drink and watch the sunset.
Public areas of the hotel are clean and decorated with local art and handicrafts, fresh flowers etc.
The staff are friendly but not over bearing, breakfast is adequate and as much as you can eat off the menu.
My only complaint is that the air-conditioning sounds like a 747 jet, it roars all night, so if you go in summer be prepared to take some ear-plugs.
Also don't take room 17, it,s a great room but unfortunatley after turning off the air-con to get a bit of quiet, we discovered that a lot of the noise was coming from a huge generator that is directly under the window and is in the property next door and runs all night.
I would return, but to a different room.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank allanmc
Reviewed March 25, 2005

We almost did not book into this hotel, based on two negative reviews from this website, but I'm glad we stayed there. The rooms are gorgeous and the location is perfect -- walking distance to terrific restaurants, bars, and shops of all price ranges. 2 blocks from the National Museum. Lovely views of the river. The only downsides -- no pool, and the restaurant is only so-so. Breakfast is fine, but don't bother eating other meals here -- and you won't need to given the location. Neighborhood is very safe, and the driver we hired from the hotel was terrific. When we return next year, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2005
11  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed February 20, 2005

Stayed for two nights. Hotel room was huge with wonderful decor, great terrasse overlooking river and temples, National Museum, and Palace. Bathroom was very large with seoarate shower and bathtub. Found the staff very helpful. Breakfast was whatever you wanted to order from the menu. For example, American Breakfast plus whatever juices, yohgurt, etd you might want. Restaurant was OK. Price was about $ 105 including taxes and breakfast. The location was just great! Could hear minor noise, but it was fun to watch the crazy traffic, monks from the temples, and view of river. Would go back!

• Stayed: February 2005