“If I can't live in a warehouse, i will at least eat in one”

Digby's Bar & Grill
Ranked #92 of 1,444 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner, Italian, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Digby's, we aspire for quality, character and excellence in all that we do. Digby's is more than just a cafe, we are a place where people meet to shop, eat, do business, laugh and relax. We start from scratch each day to prepare our menu, choosing raw ingredients carefully, supporting local farms, selecting best suppliers, and searching for the best meats, serving the best coffee and tea. We purchase all our fresh seafood ourselves through our quality purveyor and work cooperatively with local fishermen and farmers. All vegetables are either certified organic (by CORAA) or chemical-free, priority goes to local farmers whenever we can. We also use only filtered water for drinking water and ice. In the morning, our bakery bakes all our pastries, cakes and bread with passion and care using fresh quality ingredients. Perfect over a cup of coffee or a pot of Gryphon Tea. To ensure highest standards, our kitchen staff is all tested for HIV, Hepatitis, Typhoid, Tuberculosis and are free from them. All staff are also trained in HACCP standards in food handling. We support NGOs such as Friend's International, PSE in recruiting and staffing their graduated students to train them further in their career in the kitchen as well as our service staff. We strive for perfect service taking babysteps in carefully training staff for higher levels of service, and we hope that our friendly and energetic atmosphere enriches every experience. Guests can choose between sitting indoors and shopping at our specialty grocery for home or office or dining outdoors at our green-wall pavilion. Come and enjoy with us.... Bon Appetit!
Manila, Philippines
“If I can't live in a warehouse, i will at least eat in one”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This place reminds me of warehouses in NYC that they convert to some roomy, high-ceilinged apartment. I love the atmosphere and would stay all day if I could.

I've tried two dishes:
1-beef pie: very delicious, i rarely get tender beef here so i was pleasantly surprised the small chunks of beef were tender, my complain though is that the serving is too small
2-asian pork dish with rice: also very good, it was my husbands order but i ended up eating so much

Another thing is that this is the only place i know that sells breadsticks! I love the different kinds they have. Their pastries are fairly priced too i think.

One thing i didnt enjoy were the drinks: first i tried their chocolate shake--it wasn't rich enought, on my next visit, i tried another cold coffee drink--also wasn't good that i told my husband to remind me not to get coffee drinks nex time but i saw in another review that their regular coffee is good so i will give it a try.

I will agree with the other reviewer about the wine prices..dont make a secret out of it and make us end up asking the price of each bottle we're interested in.

Regarding the staff, they're very nice and on my 3rd visit they told me "some breadsticks for you?". I like that, almost feels like a neighborhood deli.

Please please open on Sundays! I can imagine having a lovely sunday brunch here.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“A very good concept but.....”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went to eat @ Digby's few days ago with a couple of friends. I discovery this place here on tripadvisorand and after reading the positive reviews I was curious to try eat here.
Well the concept is so fantastic, everithing look so new so I guess it is a new opening.

What I recommend to owners is to give better training to staff: we ask for a simple bottle of Prosecco, all the staff was confused then I had to go to look for the bottle by myself.

Wine prices shown are not clear so I recommend to improve this thing.

We ask for for a couple of 200/250 gr of sirloin steak and the guy who served us cutted a steak of 650 grams, he didn't show us the weight, we had to ask for that and he refused to split in two the steack because he says cannot be cook rare (well I'm a chef...... but good try for sell moore meat...). We finally decide to have only the pics of 650gr, then they asked us what garnish we like but unfortunately they never bring us the garnish.

Theyr menu it's so perfect!!! It is small but nice, with a choice of starters, salads, burgers, main courses and few asiatic dishes.

We decided to share some cold cuts and cheese with bread and focaccia for starter: not so bad presentation but the bread was little and to our request to have some moore, the waiters had an attitude annoyed and they bring us the bread when we almost finish our cold cuts.
Then the meat without garnish, some different kinds of grilled sausages and the wife of my friend she had a fried rice.

What's great about this place its the largest showcase with differend kind of meats, sausages, cold cuts, cheese. You can choice to buy it then cook by yourself at home, or they can cook for you (extra price/Kg) .

Finally, the quality of the food is very good. But the service staff still needs to improve.

The bill was over $ 100 and the staff was very unfriendly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank IntotheWild85
AmyLoves2eat, General Manager at Digby's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Sir

We would like to sincerely thank you for your review. I do want to apologize for getting back with this review only now. I just knew I could respond here! ;P

The cafe started late august and those staff were very new and were undergoing training still. As much as we hope to make coming to the whole cafe a great experience, we regret to see you and your friends had the opposite. We sincerely would like to ask for your kind forgiveness and understanding. Digby's objectives here in Cambodia are to (1) provide jobs to Cambodians - either through ourselves or together with our partners in business (2) to raise the standards of hygiene, service, food in the F&B industry (3) to bring quality non We took in young men and women without any F&B experience but those with willing hearts to learn, want to be better and Digby's to provide them with higher than market salary in the hope that they can afford to send their future children the opportunity to go school and be educated. At Digby's, we train our staff with conversational english, service hardware and heartware. We know it really takes time and as much patience and love as possible.

We will continue to strive to be as best as we can be in food as well as service. Please help us with this quest as Cambodians can reach excellence when given the chance! Thank you again and we do hope you can come back to Digby's soon. We love to know whether we have become better. Thank you again and really hope to be able to host you and your friends once more! Please ask for me when you are here. Love to meet up with you! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Amy
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“The Best New Place in Penh: Digby's”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was blown away by the ambiance. I soon feel in love with the food (sausages, cold cuts, steak and pork chops) and yum pastries. And their gorgeous mud cake, which is very good with any of their coffee. You need to try their variety of teas. Must try, lemon ginger mint or lavender tea.

Good and warm staff. Chefs are lovely specially Leon.

Check Digby's NOW.

• Visited July 2013
melbourne
“Hands down the best coffee in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have discovered Digby's this week and oh, what a relief. The coffee they are serving at Digby's is up to Melbourne coffee standard. Sooooo much better than what is on offer at Brown or Fresco or any of the other chain coffee places like Costa or Gloria Jeans.

Ok first of all, the offer viable parking options that doesn't inconvenience the people who are just trying to go about their day (hello, Brown, Gloria Jeans and and Costa on St 51 where they let people park in the middle of the road and cause daily traffic jams - the reason that I refuse to go to those establishments - rant over).

This week I have had a delicious breakfast, bubble and squeak with poached eggs and a delicious tomato in a sweet sauce. For lunch I tried the beef salad followed by a fantastic cheese cake which complimented the coffee nicely.

The menu is simple and well made. The staff are attentive but importantly dont stand around and stare at you while you eat, ie they are around without hovering.

If you haven't tried Digby's then do yourself a favour and get down there because they have taken things to a whole new level in BKK 1.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Class Cafe, Butchery and Grocer”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Digby's is one of the newest cafes in Phnom Penh and has become a literal overnight success. A warm friendly atmosphere greets along with western standard cafe/bistro style food including a sumptuous all day breakfast with sausages made by their in house butchery. Also housed inside the cafe is a top class butchery. In house creations are abundant from cured chicken ham to, smoked salmon and gravalx a wide variety of delicious sausages, plus imported Australian and American beef and lamb. A splendid feature of Digby's is their gluten free sausage guarantee plus their wide range of gluten free baking goods, pastas and cereals on offer in their exclusive grocery section. Head to Digby's for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a coffee and for butchery, grocery and chemical free fresh produce.

• Visited August 2013