The Bright Lotus
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$176
$70
$66
$207
Sofitel
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
$130
$40
TeaHouse(Phnom Penh)
$32
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationrestaurant downstairs isthe perfect place to staytuk tuknational museum and royal palacewould stay againguesthousecorridorriverside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A good location, but far to expensive for what it is: noisy, smelly and dirty.
I booked two days in advance, and I asked the manager to do me a favor and to clean well the room and the a/c because I'm allergic. The afternoon of my arrival I asked the manager please to clean my room, after their cleaning I spent two hours with sponges and Dettol cleaning everything, the room was really super dirty. The manager was wondering why I wanted such a clean room, and told me that no one is so clean....?! And that they do not have complaints for the cleaning, or the noise, or the bad smell.....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Didn't make a good impression on me as I stayed here my first night in PP but changed my mind after seeing other places.
Room is ok and was very clean but as it smelled of mold and not very lit, gave another impression. I guess is a problem quite extensed all around PP though.
Very very good location, right in front or Royal Palace. Didn't rey any food.
If you can't make up your mind on where to stay in PP and travel on a budget.. this is a good place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here twice during my stay in Cambodia, located near river boulevard and royal palace as well. Rooms are clean with fan or AC, colour TV and bathroom has hot water and sitting toilet with handshower. Their restaurant is so good and needs another own review!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are 4 usd more expensive but worth the extra payment
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about the hotel is location (5 min by foot to the Royal Palace). Otherwise the staff is very rude, they never smile. They also have problems with English. They told us the shopping mall was closed although it was open. They did not know any other restaurant than theirs. They have no knowledge about things, interesting for tourists. The price for killing fields and tuol sleng tuk tuk was 14 usd but they said that for us it is 16 because we were 4 and one dollar more because he dropped us out at russian market (which is 7 km less of driving than driving back to hotel). They inventing new reasons for additional charhings every moment.
Free toiletries in the room were 1 toothbrush for 2 persons one little piece of soap and one very dirty comb. Also the blanket was actually a small piece of something plastic.

There are so many other better options in Phnom Penh. Stay here just if you have no other possibility!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Perfect for a short (1- or 2-night) stay in Phnom Penh--you can't do any better for a central location between the riverfront, the National Museum, and the Royal Palace. Rooms are Spartan, but very clean. The refrigerator was unplugged and closed, so I thought it best left alone, but the AC and fan combination kept us cool. Staff downstairs is very efficient, and helpful when arranging a driver for us from PP to Siem Reap. The walk-up stairs are narrow and demanding (especially with luggage), but you need to be in shape anyway before you go to this country. The location means that tuk-tuk drivers see you as easy prey, but hey, this is Cambodia--you'll develop your own strategies for tuk-tuk avoidance quickly.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room on the north side--more light and windows that way.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family