1,103 results
All reviewscentral markettuk tukswimming poolgreat poolan oasisfemale dormkilling fieldsfamily roomair conmini fridgegreat showerbed dormrain showerstayed nightssiem reapquiet streetthe river
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stayed here with a friend for 2 nights after arriving from Bangkok. This place is the perfect sanctuary after a night out in Phnom Penh. The staff are the most attentive of any hotel I've stayed in- you really didn't have to lift a finger, and like everybody in cambodia were always happy and glad to see you. The rooms were spotless and the location convenient for shops, bars, etc. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2010

The hotel is very good, although not in the riverfront it is very easy to go by tuk-tuk.
The swimming pool is great, and the staff welcoming.

Good rooms.

Be aware however that during my stay (Dec 2010) there were construction works nearby the hotel, so if you would like to wake up after 8am, perhaps it is not the best choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We stayed here three times during our cambodia trip and the staff were the highlight of our stay at the billabong surpassed only by the amazing pool. The billabong is walking distance to the over touristy riverside and the wonderful central market and swensens icecreamery but once inside you feel completely hidden away in an oasis of calm. The staff couldnt do enough for us and sometimes anticipated our needs before we even voiced them making us feel totally pampered. Our only complaint is that the same easy listening sound track seemed to get played over and over and we were dying to hear something other than cold play like some traditional combodian music as we were after all in cambodia. A great place to stay in busy phnom penh if like us, you dont want to be on the tourist strip.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights, 2 in a standard room and 1 in a pool view deluxe room. The rooms are quite standard and nothing special but at $35/night with tax and breakfast, I could not complain. I booked the hotel because of its pool. After a long day of sightseeing in the heat, I could not wait to use the pool every day. The breakfast is a bit stingy because its a la carte and available all day but very good. I ate dinner there and ate the most delicious "Amok" - fish curry in lemon grass. Also, the bartender pours the worlds best $3 margaritas (I'm Mexican so I should know!). The hotel is a bit off the tourist trail but within walking distance - I walked every where except late at night when I hired a tuk tuk. I also used a tuk tuk to the "Killing Fields." Around the corner from the Billabong, you must eat at the Romdeng restaurant. Its beautiful and the food is great. The construction noise which starts rather early poses the only inconvenience during my stay, but the hotel gaves us all a complimentary cocktail to make up for it.

Note: As far as the western men taking their Cambodian girlfriends back to room. The hotel's policy which they make you read and sign at registration clearly indicates that you may not bring sex workers back to your room. I just assumed that this guy owns the hotel or is the architect in charge of the new addition which is under construction at the moment and that the Cambodian women was his wife -- afterall they had a baby!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed at the Billabong hotel for 3 nights in a standard double room (nr. 3). The room was small, but clean. The bathroom floor was a bit slippery: there was always water on the floor due to the airconditioner condensation runoff, which drained from one corner of the bathroom to the shower drain which was in the other corner.
The staff were very friendly and the outside area around the swimming pool was very nice and relaxing. You almost forget that you are in the middle of a busy city!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple