Billabong Hostel
Trip.com
The Kabiki(Phnom Penh)
$49
  • Breakfast included
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
$143
$130
$92
$32
  • Breakfast included
La Maison d'Ambre(Phnom Penh)
$73
$80
$71
Travelocity
1,090 results
All reviewscentral markettuk tukswimming poolgreat poolan oasisfemale dormsorya mallkilling fieldsfamily roomair conmini fridgegreat showerbed dormrain showerbusy citystayed nightsprivate room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the Billabong last month. The room interior was nice, and the pool was quite clean. The hotel was 5 minutes walking from Sorya Trading Center and Old Market. The only thing that I didn't feel comfortable was that there was no asian breakfast. Maybe because most of guests were from the Europe and America. But beside it, everything was so fine.

I must say thank to TripAdvisor, I found the Biilabong thru you guys ^^

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As soon as we pulled up to Billabong, the warm hospitality of the staff was evident. Our bags were carried for us, check in was efficient and easy, and our walk to our room was met with smiles from the open-air restaurant staff, all of whom were wonderful during our stay(s).

We stayed there twice, as Phnom Penh was our hub for our travels throughout Cambodia. Both rooms were on the second floor, and our first room didn't have a pool view but the second did. I don't think it makes a difference at all which one you stay in. The rooms are clean and the beds are pretty comfortable. The bathrooms were fine and the showers hot and not the smallest I've ever seen.

The location is great, and don't be frightened that it's on a dark side street. It was safe for us to walk around at night, and we did. It's a 15ish minute walk to the river front, or you can get a tuk-tuck of course. The central market is down the street as well.

The breakfasts were good and, in my opinion, there were lots of options. You dine outside, beside the pool, which is salt-water, pretty, and well maintained. There are a good number of sun-chairs, too.

Overall, I think if you're looking for a lower cost, but nicer place to stay, this is great. If you're looking for a party, this isn't your place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We chose the Billabong because of the great reviews. However we were rather disappointed, mostly due to the terribly uncomfortable bed which was as hard as sleeping on a concrete floor. We had booked 6 nights and within 2 nights I was in agony with my back. The hot water only ever lasted long enough to get the shampoo on my hair (about 2 mins) so must have been on a short timer. Getting anything to eat other than a burger at 8pm was impossible as was a fruit shake. To be honest if if wasn't for the fact that we would have lost our money we would have checked out after the 2nd night and found a hotel with a softer bed. The rooms are ok but for that money there better hotels in the town also tucked away with a swimming pool. The good points are the location and staff.

Room Tip: Check the beds out first as there may be rooms with softer, better beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Billabong in 2011 and found it all wonderful. Returning after 2 years the Billabong has improved tremendously. A brilliant Spa service is now available with massages, body scrub and manicures and pedicures. The massage was the best I've had!!!! The room was exceptional and the service was welcoming and friendly, and of course the pool was awesome!
Thanks to all the staff for another memorable stay at the "Billabong"!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SmectaGang
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was only here one night but wished I had stayed longer to enjoy the room and pool. The hotel is a quiet oasis in the busy city. The room I stayed in was big with a balcony and big bathroom, lovely big hot shower and room very well appointed with flatscreen tv, minibar, balcony, safe etc.
Only complaints are the bed was hard and pillows too big so i didnt sleep well but some people might like a firm bed. Also the breakfast service: the bacon and eggs i ordered was a small serving and the 'toast' came out after the main breakfast instead of with it and was a piece of white bread and a big baguette, which was way too much bread, the tea was very weak (just one tea bag for the whole pot, and I never saw the juice I was supposed to get.
Of course these minor complaints are more to feedback to management (if they are reading this) rather than put anyone off going here as the place is great, located well, awesome salt water pool to cool down and good for anyone staying longer than a night due to it being a nice relaxing place to escape the city after long days sightseeing. One night and you won't really get value out of it.
I think the decor in the lobby could be improved as was a little boring and didn't do the place justice. Would love to see some Cambodian/eastern artworks displayed around the place and more plant life in the lobby to carry on the 'oasis' type vibe you get from the rest of the place. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013