Billabong Hostel
$41
$77
$56
Agoda.com
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$54
$36
$30
$27
1,090 results
All reviewscentral markettuk tukswimming poolgreat poolan oasisfemale dormsorya mallkilling fieldsfamily roomair conmini fridgegreat showerbed dormrain showerbusy citystayed nightsprivate room
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at the Billabong which says it all really.A lovely little hotel with a very friendly ambience.It was relatively undiscovered three years ago which was charming but has expanded now as more people have discovered it.Hopefully it will retain its charm and personal touch when its expansion program is complete.I love it there and always look forward to returning

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms around the pool area are the best
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The staff at the Billabong did a great job looking after my group booking. Everyone was picked up at the airport, and the cost billed directly to your room ($12), so no need to haggle with the driver. At first sight, was a little concerned about the location, but it turns out to be right in the heart of things. Two blocks away is a new mall with a Lucky Supermarket. ANZ ATM around the corner. Central Market a few blocks away.

The eating area around the pool was great for gathering in the morning for breakfast and later in the day for drinks. Tuk Tuk drivers right outside the door will driver you nearly anywhere in town for a flat rate of $3 (one way) and are happy to wait for you.

Our room was clean and modern. There's a safe, flat screen TV and wifi in each room. Their food was great, and the friendly staff provided good service.

Room Tip: Deluxe poolside rooms are the best. There is no elevator for reaching rooms on upper levels.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Billabong hotel is an amazingly quiet and charming place located in the middle of the hectic downtown Phnom Penh. The swimming pool is big enough and surrounded by a beautiful complex. The room 16 on the ground floor next to the swimming pool was refreshed recently and is very tidy and comfortable. I didn't test the food though the breakfast (included) was very tasty. The service is good even if I found the manager a bit strict as she didn't allowed us to use the swimming pool after checking out.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in a deluxe twin room. Booked via Agoda as the hotel we wanted to stay in was full. Paid about $60 a night for the room.

The hotel is okay. The pool is nice, particularly after a busy day in Phnom Penh. The staff were friendly. The breakfasts okay. The room cleanish. The location alright.

Our room had a fan and air con. The bathroom has a separate shower with a large shower head.

Only thing wrong was our sink was initially blocked, but we informed a member of staff and this was rectified within 10 minutes. We also didn't have a hand towel in our room, but I forgot to mention this to reception.

I think the problem I have is that I have stayed in a nicer place in Phnom Penh for less money and this put me off Billabong from the start. But, to be fair to the hotel it's okay and I would probably stay here again if other places were full.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed at the Billabong for two weeks while I was doing a consulting job for an NGO in Phnom Penh. I stayed there because of the excellent reviews for it on this website and was not disappointed. One point to begin with that was very important to me: I was working for an NGO that combats child trafficking, and the Billabong makes clear it does not tolerate such behavior. The pool/courtyard is a haven from the noise and grit of the city's crowded streets. The restaurant is outside, pool side, which made for lovely meals when I ate them there. The food, except for the Billabong burger, was very good. Nicely spiced, fresh, good quality. The pool was well-kept. Since I was there so long, the staff became my friends. Veasna went above and beyond when I asked to stay at the hotel (I only had made reservations for two nights initially), which obviously gets considerable business, in finding me rooms. (I was at the Marcau for one night and was extremely uncomfortable--I seemed to be the only female guest there and the staff spoke almost no English. The Billabong is a hotel where many families stayed, and the staff all spoke more than enough English.) I was in 4 rooms in all, of them excellent (rooms, 10, 11 and 18) except for room 25. Noisier and more critters got in there, including a lizard which, personally, I didn't like. It was fun though to watch the staff "lead the lizard out of the room. Veasna also arranged a car for me a couple of times and got me the price of airfares to Siem Reap and Vietnam. Darin (I'm probably misspelling her name) was extremely helpful too, when my NGO needed the bill written a certain way for its records. Everyone was great. I'm glad to be home, but miss my home-away-from-home already.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo