Angkor International Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Asia Tune Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
Silver River Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Royal Guest House(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
Helen Motel & Pub(Phnom Penh)
Blue Dolphin(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Lance Court Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
City Centre Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsair conthe riverroyal palacetuk tuklocal marketcentral marketcambodian standardsnational museumsized bedhuge roomhotel restaurantclean roomsmin walkpleasant staynight marketwifiriverside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I am looking at the other travelers' photos and my room at Angkor International Hotel looked nothing like that. Maybe some rooms are getting refurbished, but my room sure wasn't as nice and tidy. It was quite dark, pretty minimalist with extra thin blankets and very few pieces of furniture. The door to the room was pretty loose and we felt like anybody could open it using a hair clip. The bathroom was ok.
On the bright side, the location was very good and central. The terrace was very nice for having breakfast or having a beer at night. The staff was very helpful.
All in all, nothing very problematic, but nothing amazing either. For more than 35$, it is probably the worst value for money we've had in our 3-month trip in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos, where we usually had very luxurious rooms for 35$, or rooms like the one we had at Angkor International for around 15$.
I would not return there if I was in Phnom Penh again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlobetrotteuseMtl
victor R, Responsable réception at Angkor International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Customer
Thanks very much for you time to write and share you experience with the other visitor on trip advisor about the good and mistake of our place that make us learn a lot from you and we are looking forward to do something better for your next stay as we are new on hospitality but we will difinitely do our best to service our customer .

We all would love to say thanks you for your stay at our hotel and we all so would love to give our deepest apoloqies for all the things that make you not enjoy your stay at our hotel 100%. And we all understand and agree with your common but could you please give me abit of time to clarify all these as below :

1: for the blanket : yes it is true that is a bit thin as we think it is very hot in Cambodia you might not need the thick one as we know all the hotel provided the thick and we just want to do some thing a bit different base on the weather in Cambodia . In every day we really put more attension on how the AC work because we think you really need AC as you are from the west it was cool then it will be too warm for you . but from now on we will offer you of chioces of thin as normal plus extra thick one .

2: For the door : This is the first time we heard about this and just soon after we read your review , I the front office manager have a talk with my manager and boss as the result we all thanks for your idea and we will get a strong chain to double lock from the inside of the door that mean if the door opened then we have the strong on the inside as a spare .

3 : for the room
We have 3 different types of room
standard
Superior
Deluxe
I think probably you see some picture s of the other traveler who post the deluxe room then you stay at standard room that is how you feel .

Anyway , with your idea , we can improve alot of our service as we are always looking forward for the feedback to make thing better because we are young .

And we deeply hope we can service you ,your family and friend in the near future then you can see how we improve with your idear and we even can offer you a spescial discount as well .

Widh you all the best of your life and holiday

Reviewed March 28, 2014

A well run hotel with helpful and friendly staff. The position of hotel is quiet good and an easy walk to market, the riverfront, Palace and Museum as well as many options of restaurants, bars and cafes. However the hotel offers a good menu too, and breakfast was adequate, staff will arrange transport for you if you are in need. My only negative was following emails a guarantee of airport pickup didn't eventuate and i had to organise my own tuk tuk., which is no big deal. Also the internet id excellent :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
victor R, Responsable réception at Angkor International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Madam
Greeting from Angkor international hotel and I would love to thanks very much for your review to share with the other visitor on trip advisor about the good points of our hotel service .

We all are very happy with your review and at the same time we all also would love to apology about the pick up service as we miss communication in mail so please give me a chance to clarify it as below

first , I got your mail with the detail of your flight and every thing then I manage my driver to pick you up at the certain date and time as we agree and know as it is in the schedule but unfortunately I did not get your last mail that you delay you flight in this case I am very sorry but my driver have been wait at the airport every body in the same flight are all out so he decided to come back to the hotel .

This is very unusual at our hotel service as you already know when you are at our place you can see that our customer care is higtly recomanded as we will do any thing to make our customer enjoy the stay in their holiday .

One more time again we all would give you a deepest apologies for this mistake and we all wish that you could offer the chance to service you ,your family and friend in the future with our best hotel service plus a special discount .

wish you the best in your life and enjoy your holiday

With kind regard

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Spent 5 nights at the Angkor International after returning to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap. Hotel was recommended by a friend who had stayed there. Visit started well with a free pick-up from the Airport to the hotel. Had a very nice room on the 4th floor in a corner room which was well insulated from street noises, air con was very quiet. Room was spacious with a comfortable bed and nice pillows. Hotel has a lift which is a big bonus.
Breakfast was predictable but quite decent and I had several meals in the restaurant that were also tasty and reasonably priced.
Hotel staff are well trained and special mention goes to Mr Pat Syna and Ms Kong Bopha on the counter who are both very professional and a credit to the hotel.
Would heartily recommend to anyone looking for a good hotel in short walking distance to the riverfront.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer part of the hotel are well worth the price paid.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
victor R, Responsable réception at Angkor International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Customer

We all are very happy with your good review about all the good thing of our place and staffs on trip avisor .

That is very good for us and at the same time can help other visitors who is willing to come to Phnom Penh to find a good place like you as well .

We will do our best to service your next stay with your friend and family and also for all customer s .

We wish you all the best

Mr Pat Syna + Staffs

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here for several nights, and were fairly happy, as another reviewer says it does what it says on the tin. The hotel is in a great spot, within quick walking distance to the riverfront, and close to a bustling local market and with a convenience store across the road. The rooms are fairly small but decent, with a closet and desk, and good a/c. The breakfast was great, good variety and tasty, and everything is very reasonably priced eg. beers at their bar, laundry etc. The staff can be very nice, or quite brusque depending on who you get, but we didn't have any dramas during our stay. What you will get is decent value for money in a great location, but without many frills.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Customer

Thanks very much for your important time to write this reveiw on trip advisor about our hotel ,especially your stay at our place .
We are happy that you enjoy the stay and holiday and we are sorry for some mistake that you mention in the review that staffs can be good or ................ depending on who you talk to.

In this case as the front office manager , I would love to apology for any behavior or the way my staffs talk and I would love to explain something as below :

Cambodia is a poor and developing country. Education is still considering between rich and poor being hornest that most of my staffs do not have a good education because they are from a poor family in the country side some of them finish high school and some are undergratuated even me not finish high shcool and stay on the street before but I am just lucky that I have my mom fron Holland help me to have my education from Australia .And some of the they work here just to support their school cost as the family can not help them so that they never been to hospitality school . They just get some training from me and my manager that is why we understand and We sure and definitely will tran them more for a better service because customer care is our number one priority .

With your reveiw , I explain my staff and train them more how to treat and service customer at our place to make your stay and holiday even more enjoyable from now on .

Hope that you can offer us a chance to service you and family in the future with our best hotel service .

At the end I would love to appology one more time again and wish you all the best in your life and family .

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed at the Angkor International Hotel for 6 nights in Feb 2014 and had a great time.
This was a very enjoyable hotel experience as whoever trained the hotel staff have certainly got it right.Myself and 3 companions were treated exceptionly well and certainly enjoyed the freshly cooked breakfast each morning.
Good quality rooms, but would recommend a shower curtain in the bathroom, on the whole a very good ambiance.
Great location,however one should avoid the the fresh food market at the top of the street by going to the left or right before the riverside.
So well done Day Manager Mr Pat Syna & Staff for providing an excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends