Angkor International Hotel
$41
Agoda.com
$94
$55
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$45
Blue Lime(Phnom Penh)
$40
$36
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair conthe riverroyal palacetuk tuklocal marketcentral marketcambodian standardsnational museumsized bedhuge roomhotel restaurantclean roomsmin walkpleasant staynight marketwifiriverside
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is actually a reasonably decent hotel. The location is quite good, close to the central market and some lovely places on the riverside. The facilities are reasonable too and breakfast was pretty good. But it was a hot day (this is very usual in Phnom Penh of course) and the airco air intake must have been placed directly above a rubbish dump. A night sweating without aitco was far more preferable than with the airco on!

Room Tip: Rooms to the far left of the hotel (as from the front) may have smelly airco
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R0b_Amsterdam
Reviewed February 2, 2014

During our stay they were working in the lobby but that wasn't a problem. Big hotel where you feel more like number instead of a guest. Night reception lacks some manors when arriving late. Breakfast is ok. Rooms were cleaned every day. Some of the workers at the reception work rather slow. The checking out took us forever.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sam V
Reviewed January 31, 2014

When we first arrived, they clearly didn't have our booking and looked extremely confused at my email (I had booked through the website not agoda or anything though). We had booked a superior double room, which they had run out of for that night so "upgraded" us (for free) to a deluxe room.
The only minor difference in the end we could see between the deluxe and superior room was the size, same sized bed, same average view. Was definitely not worth the extra money if you were paying it. We actually preferred the superior room because it seemed newer and cleaner.
The worst thing about our stay was that we had to pack our bags on the 2nd day and leave downstairs while we were out so we could change rooms. Rats ate into my $50 day pack which I had left in their storage room (no food inside it!). Our larger luggage was untouched thankfully.
I understood that this could happen, and straight away went to reception to see how they would react. I spoke to an older man who spoke to me extremely rudely saying it was my fault and "why would I leave food in my bag" - which I hadn't. He broke me down to tears in the end I went back to my room extremely unnerved.
My boyfriend later went down again with my bag and spoke to a different receptionist who was a lot more understanding and apologetic and said he would talk to his manager to organize some sort of compensation. This was complete opposite to the earlier experience..
I had also (idiotically) lost the key to my luggage which i shamefully brought to reception asking if they had something to cut the key. They went to great lengths to help out and after half an hour got it open-free of charge. I am extremely thank ful!!
In the end they bought me a new bag (I assume its not the best quality) but that act was the best I could've asked for-very kind, thank you!!
Overall, I wouldn't stay again since I was so rattled by that one receptionist and the rooms were pretty terrible value for money. Great location and breakfast though.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
victor R, Front Office Manager at Angkor International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear value customer

We are very sorry for the problem happening while you are staying at our Angkor International Hotel and I am the representative of all the staff in the hotel would love to apology for all the bad luck during your stay but could you please give me a chance to explain as it is soon as I heard about your problem , we all are running for the solution . I talked with my manager and we agree to buy you a new bag .

At first we decided to go with you then you can choose what ever you like but I have been waiting for you all day unfortunately I did not meet you that is why I decide to buy this one from the shop . I had tried one to the other to fine something the same or even very similar to yours then I found this as it is the best from the shop.

I understand about how you feel and this is our number one concern for our customer as we all can do what ever to make all the customer enjoy the stay at our hotel .

I am the one who talk to your boy friend and I apology for the problem as it is not your mistake and it is ours and I want to give the deepest apologies for the old man that you mention in the review but I still cannot find out who it is because my manager is Cambodian and he is even one year younger then me and all the receptionists are about the same age as me all boy and girl but anyway please forgive us and I wish and hope you like the new bag and the old bag together .

We all looking for the chance to service you , your friend and your family in the future with our best service as we are looking for ward for the improvement of all service .

For the last, I would love to thanks very much for your important time to write this review to
sharing all this problem with the other visitor who love to read on trip adviser and with this problem we can improve our service for a better service for the next customer .

With best regard

Pat Syna

Front office manager

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

First the good points, centrally located, quite clean, reasonably priced laundry, fair choice of tv channels, average to fair breakfast for non meat eaters, decent sized rooms and beds, free water ,comfortable reception area. Mini Mart opposite good for essentials

Now the weak points, Windows didn't shut properly so very noisy, shower wasn't always hot and couldn't be used on wall so had to juggle and ended up soaking bathroom, nowhere to hang towels or anything to dry, poor toiletries, fridge didn't work no tea or coffee making facilities, lumpy pillows, air conditioning was broken (tho there was reasonable fan).

Overall could do better but lots of potential and slightly better than average for Indochina

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 20, 2014

the room was very spacious, clean and quiet. the air con worked well if only a little noisy at times. the safe worked which was a plus as many hotels we stayed in didn't. the shower was powerful and hot but flooded the bathroom. but unfortunately the biggest disappointment was the breakfast, it all looked very nice but was stone cold every morning which was a shame. the lift kept breaking down which was a shame when we went to leave with all our bags and struggled down the stairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends