“Best Restaurant in Phnom Penh!”
Review of Quitapenas - CLOSED

Quitapenas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It would be difficult to get this quality of Spanish food even in Spain. Amazing dishes and great service in a nice atmosphere. They have a fantastic bar upstairs with a terrace. The food is a mix of modern and traditional Spanish dishes, some of them creations of the Spanish chef, Joaquin. A "must" for anyone visiting Phnom Penh.

There are newer reviews for Quitapenas

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I revisited Quitapenas twice during my vacation in Phnom Penh as I regarded it as one of the very few places in town where one can enjoy tasty, healthy and decent food with a quite reasonable spending (probably no where else that serves food of this quality at their price). It is located in the heart of the city, within a walking distance to the landmark locations. Unlike those narrow restaurants and bars by the river bank, here one can focus on delicious Spanish food and wines and the time with friends, in a spacious and cozy environment and it opens till midnight. How amazing is that in Phnom Penh!!

The waiters and waitresses are polite and good-looking local youngsters in a nice uniform. I liked to see their smiles with beautiful teeth and healthy skin. The menu was different each time of my visits as they told me their chef sticks to fresh stuff and works with inspirations on Spanish cuisine. Well, I could not remember all the names of the dishes and wines I ordered (there were jamons, sea-bass, squids, beef, eggs, cheese, onions, tomatoes and potatoes etc.) however the flavors and the fun at Quitapenas were hardly to get rid of.

On our last visit, the chef, an extremely tall and composed Spaniard, recommended some dishes lighter as it was already 9:30 pm and amazingly they all tasted great. Some other guests, Westerners and Asians, were still hanging around, kept on ordering and chatting. I guess there one can enjoy stories from all around the world and have a complete re-nutrition. I would definitely recommend this place and revisit it myself.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is great, and I love a restaurant that knows its wine. A few things to note. Avoid the anchovie dish. they also brought out bread themselves and then charged us for it. The goat cheese balls we received tasted like Brie.... Very rich! Overall experience was just ok.

4  Thank Mrsblakey
QuitapenasMgr, Owner at Quitapenas, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
Thanks for your feedback, we sincerely value our customers’ opinions and we are sorry to hear that we didn’t excel during your visit.
Our Chef always asks each table how things go, we would have loved to address your concerns while at the restaurant; since this is not possible now, please let us share a couple of things to try to clarify your points:

- We are sorry to see that you found our best selling Goat Cheeseballs too rich. Of course, we always serve what we describe in the menu; in particular our Goat Cheeseballs are made of first quality imported French goat cheese. It is our philosophy to very carefully select the produce and ingredients we use, such is the case that parts of our menu change daily to reflect freshness and produce availability at Phnom Penh Central Market and suppliers.

- We always provide a complimentary basket of bread per table after which, as indicated in the menu, we charge per extra basket. If you didn’t order a second one and we charged for the first one then we sincerely apologize for the mistake.

We hope that we have been able to clarify some of your comments, regret that your experience at Quitapenas didn’t meet your expectations and hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make it right.

Quitapenas

Reviewed October 2, 2013

One week ago was the FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS that I had an amazing dinner in Phnom Penh. Goat Cheese with sweet onions are awesome, and Seafood Paela perfect and full of fresh seafood. Special comment for its desserts, especially Forest fruits with Vanilla ice cream. Chef is gorgeous. I will come back.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Best tapas in town. Owner from Spain Joaquin has an amazing talent for cooking! If you want a foodgasm come here! Menu is amazing and very original! Prices are very fair!

2  Thank Zari M