Tripadvisor
Phnom Penh
All reviews rooftop pool independence monument wat langka small alley tuk tuk walking distance amazing hotel top floor stayed here for nights rooms are clean reception area restaurants and bars main attractions hot water great pool small hotel sky bar
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Positives
- Wonderful view from restaurant, and lovely decor
- Clean room, good selection of toiletries
- Fantastic breakfast
- Staff were extremely helpful
- Amazing rooftop pool, beds over the water meant you could dip your feet in the water while reading: bliss!

Room for improvement
- Room was poorly soundproofed, kitchen noise came through at 6am

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean, not bad position, food good, bar and restaurant very nice, staff excellent. Bad bits, the building echoes as ther are no soft furnishings or carpets, seams like the doors are paper as you can hear cleaners shouting from early doors all day, you won't sleep day time if you have had a nite out, noises from furniture being moved floors above and below,motor bike revving up, 3.30 am out side.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

This is the 4th time for me staying at this lovely hotel. What I notice during my latest stay, the staff in the reception area, restaurant, and even the housekeepers provided better service than before. Chanda on the reception managed to remember me, it might be very simple but as someone who used to work in hospitality industry, I really appreciate this. The breakfast crews were all very helpful and attentive. It was a bit cold and windy in the morning on my first day stay, most guests covered themselves with towel, then one of the restaurant's staff pulled down the bamboo curtain to prevent the strong wind. Also met some housekeepers on the stairs several times and they always greeted me. Definitely coming back next time.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank aparamag
Reviewed December 5, 2019

The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was very attentive and always willing to help.
The location was very good. Only a few minutes walking to the Independence Monument and the Royal Palace.
The breakfast buffet was the best one we ever had in Cambodia. A great selection of fruits, cakes, juices, etc. plus a breakfast "á la carte" that you could combine with the great buffet.
But if I need to highlight anything in the hotel, this is the impresive Roof Pool and the terrace. You really felt as in a Oasis of calm in the middle of the chaotic Phnom Penh. The chill-out music, together with the bird sounds and the really confortable area, was absolutely perfect for chilling after a day out in the city.
We really loved our stay at Patio and would highly recomend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank W3871MKdanielm
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Expensive and poor value for money. Far better value to be found elsewhere.

Very noisy, especially in the evenings and into the night. Several noisy bars and hostels close by.
Noises at night like heavy furniture being dragged across the floor.

Maintenance staff (male) having very noisy conversations and slamming doors from early morning.

The room is quite large but very poorly designed. The bathroom sink is in the room as no-one has bothered to complete the internal walls. The toilet has no hand-held bidet spray, this must be the only hotel in Asia that does not have this excellent hygiene device. The shower was also a disappointment with a barely usable hand held shower head in a poorly positioned bracket. The floor drain was broken and regularly blocked. $50 investment by management would give a fantastic shower.

We made the mistake of ordering room service food when our child fell asleep early. I tried in vain to call room service but the line was constantly engaged. Eventually I went up to the restaurant and placed my order there. They said that the phone was not engaged and in working order (very Cambodian to deny a problem exists, apologise and then not have the sense to remedy it). The food was frankly awful. Fish and chips with about 12 “shoestring” “fries” and not a real chip in sight. The Margherita pizza made me ill for two days. Expensive and very poor quality. I know it was western food, but the hotel did not offer any Cambodian dishes.
The included breakfast was passable, especially if you like dishwater rather than coffee.
Luckily there are lots of good coffee outlets and many good restaurants nearby.

The cleaning staff on our floor were very attentive and helpful, though they are typically the worst paid people on the staff, they were the best.

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in Phnom Penh and it is hard to find value in a surprisingly expensive city. Cambodians just do not understand what tourists actually want. They think fancy pools and a “sky bar” sufficient to overcharge customers.

I won’t even go into the attempt to charge for the minibar on my bill as it was quickly reversed when I stated that I do not drink alcohol.

Date of stay: November 2019