“Tasting menu excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Tasting menu excellent”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to Common Tiger for the tasting menu and was not disappointed. Each of the courses was beautifully executed and tasty. We liked the chef describing each plate as we were served, as I think I would have been unable to properly identify the complex tastes without that help. I note comments from some reviewers about the small size of the dishes; our menu had 5 courses and they were not huge BUT by the end of the meal we were all completely full! Probably not the best choice of restaurant if all you want is a heaped plate but if you are looking for carefully crafted delicious flavours with a chef who clearly enjoys his work, this is the place to go!
One of our party is gluten intolerant and the chef modified the menu easily and without a fuss
We were there mid week and the place was quiet

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cathy G

Brisbane, Australia
“New visit, new great experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Still one of the best, if not the best restaurant in Phnom Penh. Service was good and the meal great quality well presented and well prepared.
So why only 4 points instead of 5? Basically because my expectations were very very high this time, but still a great dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great addition to a very new Phnom Penh culinary scene”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been living in Phnom Penh for over 16 years and I've seen it all come and go and I have to say this is one of the finest meals I've had here. Some miscommunications with the waiter meant that I had to wait for about an hour for my meal to be served and I take some responsibility for that. They were all very sweet so it was impossible to get angry. Pleasant place to sit, drink and read and the food was more than worth the wait. The chef, thinking I was just there for drinks, brought me some amazing home baked focaccia bread with delicious spreads including an unbelievable jam made of tomatoes and vanilla; could nearly be dessert. If you're hungry definitely order the focaccia first as the servings are modest but beautifully presented, innovative and truly delicious. Very high on my ever changing local restaurant list!

Visited September 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Innovative food!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We read about this restaurant in a local paper and saw the chef was South African and booked a table for 2 on a Sat night. We were not expecting something of this caliber! Its very modern food decorated beautifully on the plate, the charming Chef Tim hand delivers his food and tells you a little about the dish as he does. The restaurant does lack a bit of atmosphere but the food really makes up for it. We were very impressed and this was by far the best restaurant in town. Something that we would find in Cape town Well done Tim.

• Visited September 2013
“Expectations not met”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Yes, they've made an effort, trying to copy some hip Brooklyn style mixed furniture setting. Nice to look at, not nice and interesting enough to want to come back. Previous reviewers used the word pretencious, I tend to agree. Staff seemed to push us to order a bread basket, which you'd expect to be complementary at the prices they have. Compared to many other restaurants in town, the value you get for (significantly more) money was a bit disappointing.

No doubt that the kitchen team is putting a lot of hard work into a more creative approach, it just didn't fully tie it in for me yet, sorry.

• Visited June 2013