“Little Mexico in Phnom Penh.”
Review of Alma Cafe

Alma Cafe
Ranked #118 of 1,481 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We the chefs who prepare the food at ALMA are mothers and grandmothers,we prepare your food with love and careful preparation like we do for our own families. We do not make industrial size portions. Things are made in small batches, so that everything will be made fresh everyday!! So when it's gone then it's gone. We apologize if your selections are sold out when you lunch with us. Thank you all for coming to ALMA. Our Lunch menu changes everyday.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Exactly.. real mex food, real mex service (even by khmer staff) one of the few restaurants who hire khmer staff to help them get ahead in life. The profits and such from Alma support Cambodia . The owner, Barbara, has a real care for he people here and didn't set up shop to make money, but to let God use her to serve the people of this country. So, you get great food, and know you are helping Cambodia. Make sure to say hi to the servers.. they are quite kind fun.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I go to ALMA at least twice a week, and I love it!! It's affordable, the quality is consistent and good, the staff is so welcoming and competent. The menu is small, and the lunch options change every day, which I like a lot. If you follow them on Facebook, you can see what they're planning on serving the next day for lunch (amazing marketing, dangerous for me!) The desserts are amazing, especially the dolce de leche, red velvet cake, and bread pudding with caramel sauce! The breakfast burrito and chilaquiles are my favourite on the breakfast menu. Good job, Alma, keep it up!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Authentic Mexican cuisine with a limited lunch menu that changes every day. The concept is great because you can eat there daily and never get bored. It's fun wondering what will be on the menu for the day. The food rarely disappoints and as a vegetarian if there isnt an option I can just order from the breakfast menu and still be very happy. They also change the refreshing bottomless drinks every day and these have never disappointed either.
There is a good sized airconditioned upstairs dining room if you can't handle the heat.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Amazing food that is the freshest of fresh. Check their facebook page for the lunch specials. Small quaint place with amazingly friendly and attentive staff. All you can drink agua frescas like lime and horchata. The only drawback is they are only open for breakfast and lunch, but it is the best lunch in Phnom Penh. Prices are $4-6 and a steal!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

If your in the area go ahead and stop by. Breakfast burrito was pretty good. I really like messy food but I don't know how to explain that it was not the perfect kind of messy. Tortilla was great. Important to people who like mexican food. Prices reasonable. Less atmosphere than I was hoping for. However, this is a good turn for dining options in PP. Would go again if I'm in the area.