“Great food and quality - lovely service”
Review of Alma Cafe - CLOSED

Alma Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We the chefs who prepare the food at ALMA are mothers and grandmothers,we prepare your food with love and careful preparation like we do for our own families. We do not make industrial size portions. Things are made in small batches, so that everything will be made fresh everyday!! So when it's gone then it's gone. We apologize if your selections are sold out when you lunch with us. Thank you all for coming to ALMA. Our Lunch menu changes everyday.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went there with my family the other day as my wife has been going there for weeks now. It's a small place spread over 2 levels with a little outdoor seating area. Daily menu changes regularly, so overall choice is limited but sufficient and the system works. Food quality was excellent (beans were only lukewarm, but that's the only complaint I have).

My kids loved the various tastes and free coffee and juice comes with the breakfast as well as ice tea for the lunches. Good reasonable pricing and smiley staff.
Try it - you will enjoy it and be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Spectacular Breakfast burrito. Also highly recommend getting half iced tea with the limeade. Waiters couldn't be nicer. Great deal as well with Brunch plus a drink for $4

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely Mexican food. Great staff, good variety, breakfast until 2pm (when they close). Have enjoyed this place while visiting.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in town. I'm not alone, obviously, because on most days the place is full at lunch time. I just wish they served dinner! The breakfasts are all great--I can't even recommend any one over the others, but I usually go for the huevos ranchero or the chorizo hash, The lunches were of equal or better quality for the first month, but have been somewhat less reliable since. I suspect that is because they are trying to keep them all to the $5 price point, including drinks with free refills. Sometimes they are still winners, like the tortas or enchilades with mole, other times not so great or a bit small. like the tamales (very tasty, however). In the latter case, you can just top it off with their excellent dessert of the day, which I believe is always $2 and often big enough for two. (The flan might even serve three, as it is so rich that a little goes a long way.) The food is very authentic Mexican and reminds me of some of my favorite local restaurants when I lived there, but will differ from what most Americans are used to because the cooks come from Acapulco, not northern Mexico or Texas. The owners and staff are also extremely friendly.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Tucked in behind the Russian Markets this place is amazing. The food was devine, good value and the service was excellent. We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank TJenn1