“Something different”

Alma Cafe
Ranked #96 of 1,404 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We the chefs who prepare the food at ALMA are mothers and grandmothers,we prepare your food with love and careful preparation like we do for our own families. We do not make industrial size portions. Things are made in small batches, so that everything will be made fresh everyday!! So when it's gone then it's gone. We apologize if your selections are sold out when you lunch with us. Thank you all for coming to ALMA. Our Lunch menu changes everyday.
Columbia
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

There are new restaurants popping up in the area all the time and it is nice to see that there is one with quality food and a focus on quality.

They have a small menu selection each day which means that they do a couple of dishes really well. If you like them on their Facebook page you get to check out their day's selections before going there so if it's not to your fancy, you can skip it and go another day.

Meals are good value with drinks included (and free refills) and the $2 cake special each day is usually irresistible. Highly recommend going in a day when they have the kahlua chocolate cake!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank RalfieRabbit

• Korean first
“Alles Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

No Mariachi welcome;) otherwise was impressed with the place...definitely going back with the Mrs. Hope they will add more menu items. Staff is very friendly and the upstairs AC room can definitely be used for meetings.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AirIndian
Costa Rica
“Great homemade food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great homemade mexican food. The welcome of the staff and owners is already amazing but when you taste the homemade food you just wanna come back! A definitely go!

1 Thank Zari M
Phnom Penh
“Very limited menu but solid...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

After reading a lot of extremely positive reviews I was excited about eating here. It is a hike from the center of town as it's in the Russian Market area.
The space is pleasant and the staff are extremely friendly although they do struggle to understand things so watch out.
Menu had about five breakfast items and only two lunch items. I ordered the flautas which were good but not cooked consistently (some had been fried and others hadn't). There wasn't much chorizo in mine although the salad and refried beans (which I don't usually like) were good.
For dessert I had a really tasty custard, fruit thing. Very good. To drink I had what I think was some sort of specialty drink (maybe pomegranate) but the waitress couldn't explain what it was.
I'd like to go back here but they need to increase the menu before it's worth a trip across town!
Value-wise it was good as the food came with a free drink and with dessert the whole meal was only $7.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexicans cooking - Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have eaten several times at Alma, the food is delicious homemade tastes like a Real Mexican can only distinguish.
I'm from mexico, I have Mexican taste in my mouth and I can say that Alma is definitely the Mexican flavor I have not found elsewhere. My grandmother, my aunts and my mother comes to my mind, when I test beans (frijoles), carnitas and tacos in Alma Coffee - Even those who cook are Mexicans!..
even they refill drinks and the price is no expencive
Thanks Alma cafe, friendly attention and tasty Mexican food that many like me have been missing!

1 Thank Lazoe v